8 of 9 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Sony CMTMX750NI HiFi with Internet Radio and iPod dock (Electronics)
I bought this as Sony usually make a good product. but this has left me in doubt.
the main feature I was interested in was the network function, as I have all my music stored in MP3 format on a hard drive. it works, but it doesn't make life easy.
+ the sound quality is pretty good for the size, but you would expect more that for the price
- The menu system is slow an cumbersome, and takes a long time to find the album I am looking for.
- It takes a long time to start up, does not hold the last place it turned off from. and we are unable to set presets for the online radio, which means that we must scroll through the international directory every time we want to change the station.
- The wi-fi is slow on the uptake, and often requires resetting.
- The network functions in general are slow.
- It keeps losing the presets for the FM and DAB radio
- It wont update it's firmware.
- The salesman in selfridges told me that it would stream direct from the PC, as a wireless set of speakers, however this is not the case, (but I can't take it back to him as I bought it online from someone else)
- for some reason I expected it to work with Last.fm.... It doesn't,
If I was to buy again I'd consider a built in hard drive system instead of the network option.
If I was to redesign it, a decent display or at least a video out where you can surf the menu on a screen, a faster processor, and you might as well throw in a hard drive while you at it
all in all; there are better systems on the market for the price. don't bother with this one