5.0 out of 5 stars Route to contentment, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Belkin Wireless N750 Dualband Router DSL (Cable Line) (Electronics)
I am a technophile but am not a techknowitall. I love gadgets and love them the most when they are simple to set up and use, and deliver what they promise. The Belkin N750 fulfils all of my criteria.

I cheated completely on this. I have neither BT infinity nor a cable connection (which the box states this is designed for). I have been using my Sky modem router with a Netgear Rangemax (great in its heyday, now seriously out of date) piggy=backed onto it simply by connecting it into one of the LAN ports usually meant for a PC or laptop. The sky router fed the signal to the Netgear, which then spread it about my house.

This worked well initially, and over the last year the efficiency of the Rangemax has decreased considerably. This is, I think, completely due to the proliferation of wireless, bluetooth and wifi enabled gadgets in the house.

I took a chance that the Belkin would piggy-back successfully in the same way -and it did!

I now have a reliable and fast wifi signal throughout the house and down to the bottom of the garden (maybe 40 yards from the Belkin), and video and music streaming has improved immeasurably. Media streaming is what this router was designed for, and it does the job well. My Internet radio finds stations very quickly and there is no break in playback -as there was frequently with the old router.

Set up was simplicity itself. I was up and running within 5 minutes. No hardwire connection to a computer needed -with the installation disc in a laptop, full control of the unit is done wirelessly. It provided me with a main network, and a guest network, each with their own passwords. The guest network allows internet access only and no possibility of control of the unit or other networked equipment. Great for kids and their freinds.

I have to admit to ignorance and that I don't fully understand all the techie stuff that other reviews go on about. What I can tell you is that this router does what it claims to do, it looks good, with (thankfully) understated lighting -one blue LED- and is a cinch to set up -very little technical knowledge needed.

How refreshing!