4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
It hits a nerve.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Human Being (Audio CD)
I bought this album two years after it's release though already a fan of Seal's previous two albums. I bought this album at a time that suited my situation without realising it at the time.
It has a darker sound in comparison to all of Seal's other albums, if you want something happier sounding buy Seal's most recent album!!
1. Human Beings - The title tracks kicks off the way it's reprise ends, dark and questioning and direct to the point. "We're mear human beings we die, it's destined."
2. State of Grace - After the first track, this grounds you more with some good melody and trippy rythmic section.
3. Latest Craze - This track has a good electronic rythmic groove and is good, though I feel it could have been a lot better.
4. Just Like You Said - After the previous track, this stays away from a darker sound and stays neutral and contains good lyrics and vocals.
5. Princess - A short track, Seal and his guitar in a quirky little number. It will bring a smile to your face perhaps and is perhaps the only "happy" track on this album.
6. Lost My Faith - This is perhaps my least favorite track on this album.
7. Excerpt From - A well produced track with nice effects on Seal's voice. With a good rhythmic part, the song doesn't really have a start or an end, intersting.
8. When a Man Is Wrong - A song that makes you think, made me think, how you could do better? Emotional.
9. Colour - This song has a lovely vocal, good melody and is very moody, ideal for the darkened room.
10. Still Love Remains - An interesting rythmic section slowly brings the album to a close.
11. No Easy Way - Great soundtrack awith orchestral piece. The track that has brought out the most emotion in me, ever.
12. Human Beings - darker.
I bought the album at a time when I was going through some personal changes in my life, it reflected those changes perfectly. Though sometimes saddening it helped with the process.