5.0 out of 5 stars Decent pair of compact-size headphones, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: JVC High-Quality Portable Lightweight On-Ear Audio Headphones with 3-way Foldable Design - Black (Electronics)
I ordered this headphone model last June after being sick and tired of purchasing many in-ear earphones that break after 6 months of use, and so after owning them for 1 and a half years I am very pleased with the headphones performance.

I've read other reviews for this model and many have commented that the bass isn't 'deep' or 'good enough' for those who love drum n bass and other form of bass-heavy music. BUT it does clearly state on the packaging that it's 'perfect for monitoring', so these headphones aren't gonna blast crap load of bass-goodness into your ears.
The sound quality is good as well, especially for songs with lots of guitar parts. I'm not an audiophile so I not completely instrumentally literate but these headphones does its job for me :)

So for simplicity sakes:

Pros:
Decent price for good sound range - especially guitar-heavy music, oh my ears...
Comfortable around ears and head, light and can be worn for long periods without pair around ears - everyones head shape is different so this may differ.
Can accomodate those with big heads (me).
The free style folding allow the user to store their headphones in their bag without taking up too much space and won't have to worry about it breaking in their bag - this was a huge plus for me as I regularly play basketball and need to store my headphone somewhere safe.
Very durable - had mine for a year and a half with the sound quality still the same.
Design - cool and modern.
Wire length - 1.3m good enough for me.

Cons:
Plastic casing does look quite flimsy.
NOT ENOUGH BASS! But remember, these headphones are for monitoring.
Wire - quite thin, again making the headphones feel fragile and easily snapped.
Earpads loses it cushion-ness quite fast, meaning it might need to be replaced fairly quickly if your ears are sensitive and picky with comfortability.
Design - the words on the headphone rub off fairly soon.

Overall I highly recommend these to anyone who wants a pair of highly portable, compact and decent sound quality headphones, and are also not too bothered about the lack of bass. Also I chose the white colour one, personally looks prettier than the dark one.

UPDATE:
After 3 years of use, the left side has decided to give in. I have to say I was quite impressed with the durability of these cans, given the things it has gone through:
- Pulling my MP3 out of my pocket by pulling the cable (I know, I know, this is bad. Trying to cut this habit).
- Lending it to my sister who is well known for tormenting electrical devices i.e. connecting the headphones to the PC and letting it hang off the edge of the paper.
- When not used, stored in my bag.
- Wearing them while riding on my bicycle, possibly causing tension in cables.

Overall I will be purchasing another pair of these but will be going for the black one. Main reasons why:
- Portable and convenient for commuters.
- Fold up small and can even be stored in coat pockets.
- 4.5/5 stars for audio quality (not much bass, however, these are monitoring headphones).
- Comfort and perfect fit on my big head.

As a side note, I will also be buying a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones. Those interested, just search it up and read Amazon reviews from people whos also bought it, these cans have great reputation.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]