20 of 23 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Cooler Master RC-942-KKN1 HAF X "USB 3.0, Window Side Panel, Full Tower Case" Black with Red LED (Accessory)
What I liked:
- The space. It has room for everything you could possibly want to put in it, and more, it has TONS of room for expansion. You can easily fit the biggest graphics cards and monster power supplies you can possibly think of in this bad boy. It has more drive bays than you can shake a stick at. Lots and lots of space, meaning more air flow and considerably better cooling.
- You can be 100% sure whatever concoction of a cooling solution you have in mind, it will definitely fit inside. I water cool mine, and would happily say that this case was built for water cooling!
- The cabling management is fantastic. The cable divider inside (at the right side of the case) keeps any unused cables tidy and hidden from sight.
- You don't really need a screwdriver for much of the hardware installation, since the case components simply pop open with one push to lock / release, and your hardware you simply snap into place.
- The case itself is exceptionally well built.
- Once you've got everything powered up and running, the case does a terrific job of isolating noise.
- The top 230mm fan pushes out a considerable amount of air. One major reason HDDs fail is due to heat, this tower makes that problem seem obsolete. The only issue is the top fan isn't very easy to clean, but considering how big the fans are, they make very little noise.
- All intake fans come with a dust filter - which is a nice little addition.
- The front panel has connectors for everything inc. USB 3.0 which is great; the power button is at the top and has a cover over it.
- It is a floor sitting case, which was ideal of me, but if you're considering buying this you should note, it's not a case you'd want to consider putting on your desk.
- The design is a sight to behold. It also has a decent size window on the side, so you can ogle over your internals :)
What I disliked:
-There is only ONE red LED which is at the front, so if you'd prefer to see more inside, you'd have to buy and install them separately. On the plus side, there is also a switch if you want to turn off the front LED completely.
- It is VERY very heavy, the case comes with casters, but one gripe I have is that the casters are small, plastic, and come off easily - the wheels are next to useless.
- The grate under the PSU feels flimsy.
If you can get over the weight and the size, the tower is almost perfect. I would certainly recommend it if you're building a top spec computer. In fact if it weren't for the casters, I would be giving this tower 5/5.