ARRAY(0xa3cd887c)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not outstanding, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vantasy Mens Trench Coat Slim Winter Warm Long Jackets Outwear Double Breasted Overcoat (Apparel)
As a pre-review point, I purchased this coat with the intention of altering it anyway (I was putting a faux fur collar onto it for anyone interested and doing some light tailoring), so I wasn't concerned if it would require any extra work on arrival.

The material quality was higher than I was expecting and the coat has a slight cashmere feel to it (although I highly doubt it contains any). Also, the cut of the coat was really quite nice and helps to subtly accentuate the male figure (this being said I took it in a bit more at the back to make it fit me perfectly).

The only downside that I could find was that one of the lowest button holes was missing (I suppose this may be a style icon I don't know about).

Overall, I would compare this overcoat to a 70-90 overcoat, so it's a pretty good deal at these prices, but if you're looking for high end tailoring, then go elsewhere.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Nov 2013 10:38:50 GMT
Thanks for this nice review ! i am also interested in this coat but can't figure out what size to take.. Could you tell me the size you chose and your measurements ? As it comes from far I don' t want to make a mustake.

I'm 1m82 high, quite thin with large shoulders and was thinking about the M size. Would you agree ?

Thanks so much

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013 11:34:06 GMT
Hi David,

I am 1.70m (five foot 8 inches) tall and I have a 95cm (38 inch) chest. I bought the UK medium and found that (unaltered) it was snug over a jacket, but not uncomfortable.

It sounds to me like you may need a larger size due to your shoulders and height. Do a chest measurement and follow the sizing guidelines, which seem to be pretty accurate for this garment. You're probably a UK large or maybe even extra large, but most likely a large. With overcoats it's always worth having a think on what you're normally going to bee wearing underneath the coat, because a jacket and a jumper can add an inch or more to your chest.

Nevertheless, give yourself a good measure before you buy.

I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013 12:55:28 GMT
Thanks, it does definitely helps a lot :-) when tou talk about the size guideline, are you talking about the amazon size guidelines or specific ones ? I could not find the ones related to the store unfortunately... If you know where they are let me know :-) . I am probably more a Large.

Last question finally : what do you think about the quality ? The other review is quite alarming, and even though I don't expect Italian quality, I want to make sure it is not crap either :-). I saw that specific coat on several amazon shops and I am suprisef by the price difference.

Thanks again for your help !

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2013 12:43:16 GMT
Also, to correct my last post, I actually purchased the UK SMALL (ASIAN LARGE). Sorry for any inconvenience.

I was talking about the Amazon guidelines.

I think that the quality is pretty good for the price. The material is not very thick, but nevertheless quite warm, it doesn't have that felt like feel that imported overcoats from eastern Europe tend to have, but more of a cashmere like feel to it (although I doubt there is any cashmere in the actual coat).

The seams were all done very well (having opened it up I was quite impressed considering the price) and seemed quite strong, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

The other review is quite alarming! The only real fault I could find with mine (pre alteration) was the lack of a bottom button hole.

Pleasure, it's always nice to help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›