5.0 out of 5 stars Got a two year old stain out!, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I have always wanted a Bissell but we didn't have room for one of the big uprights and I'd already shelled out on a useless steam cleaner that took up most of our space and money and didnt give me much faith in big, expensive machines that promise the earth. Then I saw this.

Around two years ago my little boy had an accident in our bed, I immediatley treated the mattress with Vanish - no joy. Then 1001 - no joy. Then I spent £250 on a steam cleaner - no joy!! So I thought that this stain was destined to stay there forever and cringed massively when my husbands friend helped us move house and there was this humongous yellow wee stain on OUR snow white mattress!! I repeated all of the above several times over a couple of years and all with no joy! (you might be wondering why we didn't just change the mattress, due to hubby's bad back we have a special all singing mattress that cost well over £1000)
I saw this being demo'd on a shopping channel and was secretly impressed but still a bit sceptical about its claims but I had a light bulb moment when she pointed out it could be used on mattresses/car seats etc, etc.
I shoppped around and dilly dallied a bit about the price but lo and behold it popped up on amazons lightning deals at a snip so I bought it on the spot, and I'm glad I did!

Firstly, out of the box it took me all of four minutes to read the instructions, pop the extra bits on, fill it up and turn it on. Within another fifteen the mattress had had its first once over. And the magic started, right before my eyes the stain has all but disapeared. It needs another go but fair enough, the stain is two years old! If I'd have had this at the time I have no doubt at all that it would have sorted it out there and then.
I would say that it definatley is for small areas and spills/accidents, you would be busy doing a large area on your hands and knees but its a god send! I'm slightly immobilised at the moment due to being pregnant and I had a stiff back by the time I'd finished which would have been worse if it had been a carpet I was working on, not a bed.

We are hosting christmas at ours this year and before I got this I was worrying about drinks being spilt on our brand new carpets, we have a range of unsteady over 80's to boisterous under 6's (15 adults and 6 kids in total) coming on xmas day and my husband is having palpitations at the thought of it! His favourite saying at the moment is 'do you know how much these carpets cost?' everytime he catches one of the kids, or me, having a biscuit in the lounge! This machine is going to be worth its weight in gold!!

I will update this review if at any time the machine fails! But so far I would definately reccomend it to anyone!

[Add comment]