4.0 out of 5 stars Best Robocop Has Ever Looked - Blu-ray Review, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: RoboCop Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1987] (Blu-ray)
First: Amazon...stop lumping blu-ray and DVD reviews together - it's confusing and it renders many of them meaningless. Also, what's with reviews for VHS???? You can't buy them any more, and they look awful; so who cares about them? Just my opinion.

As for Robocop. I'm so glad I decided to buy this blu-ray box (despite the poor reviews). I've owned this film on VHS and twice on DVD and I can honestly say that this blu-ray is the best this film has ever looked or sounded. It's a dated movie with pretty shoddy special effects and all of that is glaringly obvious when watching this blu-ray; but if you love the film anyway that shouldn't matter to you.

Other people have listed the audio tracks, talked about quality, subtitles and the lack of extras...but what I couldn't find a reference to is which version of Robocop is in this boxset. Well, I've just finished watching it and I can assure everyone that it's the, far superior, Director's Cut on this disc.
So, if you don't care about the lack of extras this is the set to buy.

P.S. A request (or plea) to anyone who thinks about reviewing a blu-ray: Please, please, please, can you give details about picture quality, audio details, extras or your opinion on whether the blu is better than the DVD. These reviews that say "I like this film, it's good" or "I've just got my disc and watched it," mean absolutely nothing and are a waste of space.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Apr 2013 01:59:00 BDT
Agreed re. mixing in all the reviews. I've moaned about it for ages but they take no notice. Had to wade through pages of DVD reviews for another movie earlier to find a Blu-ray review that described the extras. Very unhelpful.

Posted on 26 May 2013 07:17:05 BDT
ninehours says:
Great review of the Blu-ray, yes it is frustrating that Amazon keeps lumping in DVD reviews with the Blu-rays and I wish they would take notice of there customers, but they never will because as long as they get your money that's all they care about.

btw: are you the same Pantheon from the Profiler web site?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2013 08:22:03 BDT
Pantheon says:
I am the same Pantheon...but please don't hold that against me! I, too, wish Amazon would start listening to their customers. I also agree that that's unlikely to happen.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2013 16:58:03 BDT
Lee Crane says:
I agree with you mate it's just a pain having to go through all the reviews to find the version you want, they should listen to their customers after all we're the ones buying there products and it would just make things so much simpler. Also a great review which has really helped me out and made me decide if to buy this blu ray set and I'm now looking forward to watching the movies... Well the first 2 the 3rd was abit shocking but I'll still be watching it. Classic Sci-Fi

Posted on 13 Oct 2013 20:26:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Oct 2013 20:28:40 BDT
I have been pulling my hair out for this very reason and the other one, blu ray reviews in BLACK and, wait for it- yes dvd reviews in BLUE. Their good as that takes thought. And yes I did suggest they change it. I may be wrong but I think on Amazon. Com they have them the right way round. Might as well keep going, I got the film and the post was early that day so I'll give it 5 stars, aaaaaaaahh picture quality, sound quality is what you write about.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (160 customer reviews)

£29.99 £12.62