5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-epener, 19 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Beating Stress, Anxiety And Depression: Groundbreaking ways to help you feel better (Paperback)
This book came as a very welcome surprise to me and at just the right moment of my life.

I have long been impressed by Prof. Plant's work, and the thorough, painstaking research that goes into each of her books.

I have fought a long and so far remarkably successful battle against prostate cancer, and I credit my progress to finding Prof.Plant's own story of her struggle against breast cancer, in "Your Life In Your Hands", within days of my diagnosis in April 2005.

Early this year, in May 2008, I was feeling particularly 'down' and just could not fathom out why. Surely I would have had far more reason to be depressed in the first months of diagnosis, not now - at such a highpoint in my life; I had finished all cancer treatment.

As usual, the impatient patient that is me began trawling the internet for answers. I had already asked questions of my family doctor and my oncologist, but felt disatisfied with their responses and suggestions.
I felt there must be a biochemical reason why I was feeling so depressed and unable to cope. I wondered if there was some imbalance of hormones in my body.

I was amazed to discover that Jane Plant had written this book with Janet Stephenson and that both had suffered badly at one time with stress, anxiety and depression, yet had found a way to successfully combat the illness.

I read the book from cover to cover, and it certainly did open my eyes.
At last I could see clear reasons why I was feeling the way I did. There was nothing for me to be ashamed about - I hadn't suddenly became 'weak-willed' or lazy. There really WERE hormonal imbalances, and there really were possible solutions.

I am now seen regularly by an endocrinologist and I have followed all the suggestions in this book to keep myself on the path to a full recovery.
I would thoroughly recommend this ground-breaking book to anyone who is feeling depressed - and baffled as to exactly what is causing such depression.

George Hardy