5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing piece of cinema., 15 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Dark Knight Rises (DVD + UV Copy) [2012] (DVD)
I've been going to the cinema for 40 years but rarely have I seen a film which so spectacularly delivers. This film is the type cinema was created for - sound, lighting, cinematography, music, acting, script and pure excitement and suspense are all choreographed to incredible effect. It's a huge film in every way and I left the cinema feeling like I'd been treated to something extraordinary. Not since the likes of Blade Runner or the first Star Wars film have I felt so completely knocked out by a film. It will inevitably lose a little on the small screen but, nevertheless, I'll be first in the queue for the DVD. Fabulous.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2012 18:23:32 GMT
M. Eyre says:
Have to say it was an ok film, not as good as the previous outing, and the ending was cheesy to say the least. Unlike you I felt a little deflated after all the hype.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2012 22:42:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2012 22:43:57 GMT
C. Lee says:
I thought The Dark Knight had too many confusing plot threads, which became ever more silly and that the Joker's plans were so elaborate and involved so many happy coincidences and contrivances that the whole film became unbelievable (and I mean the negative use of that particular adjective). I've watched it a couple of times since and it does improve with each viewing but I still feel that the last film was more enjoyable and impressive overall. Still, I can't argue that The Dark Knight is a masterpiece in many respects. However it was the third film which had the greatest effect on me. Shame they've come to an end, eh? :-)

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 10:54:39 GMT
Bobolish says:

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 19:29:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2012 19:35:09 GMT
C. Lee says:
Fine, mate. You send me the 'couple of grand' (I'll take PayPal) and I'll buy all the equipment you suggest. Personally, I'm not into buying the latest hi-tech equipment, because they're soon replaced by something even more hi-tech and expensive. I don't have Sky Plus or a Blu-ray player or HD or 3D, I'm just not that interested. This product review is for the DVD and will therefore be read by people who are looking to buy the DVD. I loved the film at the cinema. I've reviewed the film as it will appear on DVD. If people want the Blu-ray etc, that's fine, go and look at the reviews of the Blu-ray. I'll stick to watching films at the cinema and then on my old DVD player at home. It suits me OK, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2012 12:45:04 GMT
ben amor says:
Thank you. I have not yet seen the film as I don't like going to the cinema for personal reasons, but you have made me want to buy this impossibly more than I already wanted to :]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2012 15:27:49 GMT
You should it's epic!

Posted on 2 Dec 2012 18:54:31 GMT
John Smith says:
Bobolish, you're a complete idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2012 18:24:51 GMT
Mr. Jd Vandy says:
damn right. I personally would love to own the whole trilogy on blu ray, but I just can't afford to. I buy DVD's as a result. This doesn't make me any less of a film lover.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2012 20:11:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2012 20:13:00 GMT
Rimmer72 says:
I have to disagree a little here. Blu Ray is no longer expensive and in terms of age, could be considered due a replacement. Its been around since 2006 so its a six year old format. DVD was little older than that when blu ray arrived. If you shop around most new blu rays are hardly more than dvd. DKR is only £12.50 on here at time of writing. I got I Robot 3d/2d BR with DVD for £14 from Amazon and I got a sony BR player with the new spiderman, Bourne Legacy and Ice Age 4 for £89. If thats not enough my local sainsburies are selling an LG 42in 3d led television for £400. Add in a 5.1 soundbar and for say £600 you could easily create a home cinema setup on a budget. Personally I get on with my neighbours so I wont be that much of an A5324hole and stick to the tv speakers. I was once a BR and 3d sceptic. Once it came into my price bracket I bought in and I love it. Oh and of course the BR player will upscale your dvds to near HD quality

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 15:37:14 GMT
S. Duncan says:
I can't help but wonder if you've been hypnotised into loving this film, riding the huge wave of hype and hysteria all the way into the cinema. I wouldn't mention DKR in the same breath as Blade Runner or Star Wars. It's a miserably boring movie that seems to even confuse itself, counting the number of mistakes mixed with careless abandon.

It's your opinion of course, but I do find it misleading to other people who have not seen the movie. Can you stand by your claim that The Dark Knight Rises is amongst the best you've seen in 40 years?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (1,075 customer reviews)

£22.99 £4.80