1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! This model does not support LTE UK 4G, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S5 SIM-Free Smartphone, SM-G900F - White (Wireless Phone)
Avoid this if you want the UK 4G version!!

I ordered this phone as an urgent replacement for my broken S5 and Amazon get 5* for their part as always but we warned. This S5 is the SM-G900H (North America) model of the S5 and WILL NOT WORK WITH UK LTE 4G! It also came with a old black Samsung charger which does not fit in the box and caused the phone to stick up in the box at one end due to the UK plug. Luckily I had my old broken S5 next to me when checking the model and the phone is loads different. It also has a different processor to the UK version.

Don't listen to what the description says under the questions. This is not the SM-G900F which is what all UK retailers are selling and the best you will get is 3G+

I will be returning mine today as Amazon have given me a full refund (Thank god as I've broken the seal

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jul 2014 16:45:31 BDT
Caduceus says:
Thanks for the heads up. Did you order your S5 directly from Amazon, or from a marketplace seller?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 18:19:50 BDT
Not a problem, just didn't want people to fall for the same mistake as me. I purchased this from a seller. Any S5 lower than around £500 will probably be the non UK 4G version SM-G900H. It's very misleading as it says it's UK LTE on the listing.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 19:26:46 BDT
Caduceus says:
Thanks again. One more question: is it possible to know the model number from the box, or do you have to see the phone itself to tell whether its a SM-G900H or F.

Posted on 10 Jul 2014 19:32:23 BDT
Caduceus says:
Also, the listing clearly says "Item model number: SM-G900FZKABTU", which is the SM-G900F for Europe. If any seller is selling anything else then they are clearly carrying out illegal practices.

Amazon should be notified and they should be chucked out.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 19:39:54 BDT
Yeah you can tell, if you look on the back of the Galaxy S5 box where it outlines the features, on a UK version you'll see the abbreviation 'LTE' in the top corner. I didn't check for this before I broke the seal when the North American one arrived as the listing on Amazon says its LTE....

One other thing to bear in mind as well is that the seller had attached a new fake seal to the box because they removed the North American plug from the box and replaced it with a black Galaxy S2 charger which looks nothing like the Galaxy S5 charger. So not only have they put the wrong listing on the site they're opening the box and taking out the foreign charger and replacing it with a cheaper on which is a different colour to the white charge cable you also get in the box.

I would urge you to seriously look into the S5s being sold by 3rd parties on Amazon as they're being bought for cheap in America and sold on the UK site after being messed around with.

Luckily Amazon where really understanding and told me that I would get a full refund. I only noticed these issues because I work with this kit in my job.

I hope you can find a decent one and I hope my review informs more people of this.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 20:00:17 BDT
Caduceus says:
Thanks. That's extremely helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 20:16:26 BDT
Don't mention it. I've reported the seller to Amazon customer services too to try and stop others from getting the wrong phone.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 21:54:20 BDT
Mr M. says:
Hi Mike

Did you also purchase from Gear Camera
I sent mine back straight away thought something was wrong when i saw the over sticker on the box then the dodgy charger.
Really want this phone but not prepared to pay £529 direct of Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 22:01:03 BDT
Yeah purchased from the same supplier. Totally amazed at the condition the phone came in with the different charger ect. I just bit the bullet and ordered a UK retail model. I'd rather pay the extra cash for the piece of mind.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 22:03:18 BDT
Mr M. says:
Who did you order from this time around?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (206 customer reviews)

£585.33 £380.90