Customer Review

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars A good bluray player, average media player, 3 Aug 2013
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Sony BDPS790 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
After about 4 months I'm fairly happy with this player. It produces a crisp image for bluray discs. We use the media player for BBC's iPlayer and for Love Film. Both work fine about 80% of the time, however the other 20% of the time the player seems to lock up and only disconnecting power will get it working again. Also, it seems to be a bit hit and miss with playing AVIs - these work most of the time, but occassionally they don't. MKV and MP4 seems to work well.

Overall happy with the purchase. I've not yet tried 3D blurays yet.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

[Add comment]
Post a comment
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Amazon will display this name with all your submissions, including reviews and discussion posts. (Learn more)
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

As a representative of this product you can post one Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.   Learn more
The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)
After clicking on the Post button you will be asked to create your public name, which will be shown with all your contributions.

Is this your product?

If you are the author, artist, manufacturer or an official representative of this product, you can post an Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.  Learn more
Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

If you are the author, artist, manufacturer or an official representative of this product, you can post an Official Comment on this review. It will appear immediately below the review wherever it is displayed.   Learn more
 
System timed out

We were unable to verify whether you represent the product. Please try again later, or retry now. Otherwise you can post a regular comment.

Since you previously posted an Official Comment, this comment will appear in the comment section below. You also have the option to edit your Official Comment.   Learn more
The maximum number of Official Comments have been posted. This comment will appear in the comment section below.   Learn more
Prompts for sign-in
 

Comments


Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Sep 2013 23:02:39 BDT
Brewster says:
Clarify what AVI files are you having trouble with? DivX ones by chance? Sony and reviews so state this unit does not play Divx files.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer


Top Reviewer Ranking: 778,899