5.0 out of 5 stars Finally gave in and got one!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th) (Electronics)
I knew about the 'Kindle' but I wasn't interested in getting one. Like a lot of people I liked the cover of a book, or turning the pages, the smell of the book...

However when I moved out from my parents I realised there was limited space for books in my house. Although beautiful to look they do take up a LOT of space, and once the book is read, a lot of the time it just sits on the shelf gathering dust.

So my mum offered to get me one for my birthday, having just had my first baby space was even tighter. So I said yes. It was the best decision I could have made.

The kindle itself is light, delicate, looks great in the black and is SO easy to use. The system of purchasing/downloading a book and it appearing straight on the Kindle is genius and safes time and effort of having to keep plugging a device in and manually adding books. Also books can be removed from the device itself. Saving plugging and unplugging.

Due to the easy to use side buttons and the fact it's so light I was able to use it one-handed. This was invaluable in the days of my baby sleeping on my chest, or when I was bottle feeding. I bought a light to attach to it and when my baby was awake at some horrible hour I could read as I rocked him to sleep or fed him to sleep.

The ease of the Kindle has got me back into books. There is such a variety of books, there a lot of cheap books and free books. I had lost my desire to read when paperbacks hit the £6-8 mark in shops. Having a Kindle where I can download a book for 60p or for free and it's STILL a high standard is an amazing thing.

So thank you Amazon! Thanks to the Kindle I have a renewed interest in reading, you saved my house space, my money and my sanity in those early days of having a baby.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]