5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined, 9 Aug. 2012
I am not a particularly fast or strong swimmer, so I was looking for something to keep me going a bit longer in the pool that was relatively discrete. After a month of regular use, I am still stuggling to fault it.

Uploading tracks is a piece of cake, but I stopped ripping to AAC a long time ago and therefore don't have a problem with its bitrate limit. However, the instructions do suggest a free tool to batch transcode or downsample if necessary, which also worked a treat.

I haven't tried the ear-loop things because the (spare) buds stay nicely in one of my ears but the other did have a tendency to slip out during tumble turns. This was easily overcome by using my goggle straps to keep the wire close to my head.

Operation of the unit is so simple in the pool, with easy to find and use buttons for all the fuctions like volume up/down and big a textured button to change the track. When looking for an MP3 player, I really wanted one with a shuffle feature, which I have turned on all the time. There looks to be a favourites feature too, but I haven't downloaded the full manual to figure out how to use it. The LCD display turns off automatically whilst swimming and I am looking forward to the day I can outlast the battery.

The sound quality is surprisingly good out of the pool, but there are equaliser presets to boost the bass. However, the bass properly kicks in once you get your ears wet and you notice the difference when you stop and your ears drain.

I have only ever had one problem, the first time I used them. One of the ears stopped working, but I eventually removed the bud and gave a hard blow which appeared to fix it. Never had a problem since, but I decided to give them a decent try before leaving a review, just in case.

In summary, I haven't tried any other MP3s but this suits my needs/requirements perfectly and has dramatically improved my enjoyment and length of time in the pool, so I couldn't give it anything other than five stars..

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]