3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Not As Good as I'd Hoped, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Philips BikiniGenie Trimmer HP6381/20 Hot Pink (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips make a lot of great items but this is unfortunately not one of their best offerings. I really wanted to like this item but it's really rather lacking.

The packaging looks nice but it was the worst type of packaging I've ever tried to open or get into. You could drop it in the bath because I'm sure it was completely waterproof. It was almost impossible to open and it took me around 15 minutes to struggle my way into it - very awkward plastic to cut with any scissors. Truly bad - this must be changed.

First impressions once opened were good with the great hot pink color and they included a battery which is great because I hate getting items that need them and they're not enclosed with the packaging. I was looking forward to trying it out.

Other people have mentioned noise but it is quieter than my other, larger shaver so I wasn't put off by that. There's only one speed. I tried it under my arms first - just to be on the safe side - and it trimmed but it really didn't do a close shave which was disappointing. The trimmer on the head feels rather blunt to be honest.

So, feeling reassured that it was going to be OK to use elsewhere, I used it around my bikini line. But, same thing, it's not a close shave at all. I still had to end up doing a neater job with my battery free wet razor blade.

It's small, it's light, it's simple to use, it's a great color and it uses just one AA battery which is also a bonus. If only it shaved really well, it would be the ideal device to pack for holiday. Unfortunately I think this will be shoved to the back of my drawer where it will stay for a long time.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]