2.0 out of 5 stars Problems fall on deaf ears, 21 April 2013
This review is from: EZCAP.TV 116 EzGAMER USB 2.0 Game Capture Device. Capture gaming footage live. Supports Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, any console with AV composite output. Play in Standard Definition on your TV (not HD) record on your pc in Standard Definition at the same time. 24K gold spltters/leads included. Render footage on the fly to 720p HD. Upload to youtube or convert for iphone, android, etc. Stream your gaming live to Skype, MSN, Justin tv, etc. For Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32/64 bit, Mac OS X 10.5.8 onwards (Electronics)
Prompt but rather vulgar customer service. Device wasn't shipped as advertised, but pictures of the device were changed on the Amazon page and website when mentioned about the discrepancy.

Overall quality of the recording is okay. Software is very unstable on Windows 8, ended up using 3rd party (Which we don't mind).
(Snapback comments from the seller will not be appreciated. I've told the truth and have had to adjust problems with the item accordingly.)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Apr 2013 21:00:45 BDT
EZCAP.TV says:
This review was left on the 21st April. I emailed the customer direct through Amazon on the same day. It is now the 28th and I have had no reply from the customer. I have pasted the email below as the review raises concerns on our customer service and "image changing".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Ben.
My name is Scott McCaughran. I am the owner of EZCAP.TV
I am sorry to read both your feedback on my EzGAMER product and also the 3 stars you have given for the customer feedback.

In all sincerity I do not understand your comments.

I personally send an email to all customers through Amazon before you receive the EzGAMER stating if you have any problems to please contact me direct as I am more than happy to help. I have never received a reply from you.

Tonight, I have also read every email my support staff have received and replied to since the date you purchased. (15th April)
I cannot find any reference to yourself. I cannot find any email being received or replied to.

You state images have been changed on both Amazon and my website (ezcap.tv) since you contacted us. I do not understand this as no changes can be made by my staff without my consent. The last time there was an image change on the EzGAMER listing on Amazon was January and December 2012 for the EZCAP.TV website.

I take your comments very seriously. My focus for my company is 100% orientated on customer service. That is why I have spent the last 3 hours going through every email my support staff have replied to since your date of purchase. If I had found any curt, vulgar or non interested reply to any email, the member of staff would be disciplined. I cannot find any.

Can you please copy and paste any email correspondence you have had between yourself and my staff into this email so i can investigate further.

Sincerely,

Scott McCaughran
EZCAP.TV

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2013 10:24:13 BDT
Hello Mr McCaughran,

I am very surprised to hear that you have not see any emails relating to myself, as I have quoted my Amazon order number in quite a few of them. The email address the correspondence took place on was mail@ezcap.tv through the Contact Us form on your website.

The 4th picture that is provided on this product now matches up to the diagram included with the product for wiring the whole item up. It used to be, as described in the email, the 'US Only' wiring system.

I had a lot of confusion through the emails, but I made sure to keep every one. Unfortunately, I haven't received any sort of email from yourself. My email address is e6films@yahoo.co.uk, the same as my Amazon account. Other emails have been received fine from the @ezcap.tv domain, but I checked my spam folder anyway and found no email from yourself.

My friend who I bought the product for found himself rather confused when setting up the device as the advertised splitters for the device were 1female to 2female, whereas the ones that arrived with the device were 1male to 2female. In the end I went over to his house after purchasing a spare set of 1f to 2f adaptors to set it up for him. I was told in the support email that those adaptors were for US customers only, which I found highly confusing as this is Amazon's UK website and the fact that the 1f to 2f adaptors are shown on the website.

Is there an email address that I may send you all the emails to?

Best Wishes,
Ben Smith

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2013 13:39:09 BDT
EZCAP.TV says:
Thank you for replying, i have sent an email to your yahoo address
‹ Previous 1 Next ›