3.0 out of 5 stars Good images but awkward to use., 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sony NEXC3KB Compact Digital Camera System - Black (16.2MP, With 18-55mm Lens) 3inch Screen (Electronics)
Received my camera the other day and on first impressions it is a lovely piece of kit. The problems start when you are holding it. In my opinion you need a tripod all the time or very steady hands. It feels top heavy somehow and is awkward to use constantly.

If you have the time and the patience then you will be very happy with it, however I will be sending mine back and getting a slightly bigger model in which the weight is more evenly distributed!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jan 2012 04:55:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jan 2012 04:56:36 GMT
Arash Sarai says:
I tried out my friend's C3 today, and your comments about it being awkward to use are spot on for me also. My hands actually started hurting after I put the camera down from having played with it for about half an hour or so! I never expected the physical camera size/weight to ever be an issue and am a tad upset by the fact, since I too think it's otherwise a lovely camera.

Hmmm. I'm stumped now. I wanted to buy a C3 also, but now am having second thoughts. Perhaps these smaller, compact "DSLR-like" cameras aren't for ppl with giant hands! Or perhaps I'd get used to it, as you say with time and patience.

It's a great camera otherwise as far as taking good pictures is concerned. I guess some will just have to suffer for their art!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2012 15:39:22 GMT
Fujifilm FinePix F600EXR Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 15 x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen

Have now bought this camera from Amazon and it amazing - you will not be disappointed if you get it. Clarity of photograph is really exceptional.

Posted on 14 May 2012 12:02:58 BDT
I did buy sony nex 5 with 16mm lens a while ago. Size is small indeed but that is what i was after. I also own 5d mk2 with few L lenses and i can tell carry 5d with 2 lenses hurts much more then this little sony. I have sold my sony nex 5 but going to buy C3 + 18-55mm instead as i like shape of it better.
Little hint: If your hands hurt try to use camera as waist / chest level medium format as you can tilt sreen up and press the shutter button with your thumb. That really works for me. Also helps to sabilise camera as you hold your elbows tight to body. Only I want to add I have really large hands but don't see problems using sony for longer time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›