5.0 out of 5 stars Organised and Pretty, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: Beauty-Boxes St Tropez Pink Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case (Personal Care)
I really needed something to help me get organised with my make up. After watching tonnes of make up tutorials on youtube I have become obsessed with buying make up and found my top drawer (which was once my boyfriend's underwear drawer) had been taken over by my ever growing collection! So he decided to buy me this so I can get organised (and he could get his drawer back!), and I have to say, I love it so much I wouldn't mind another one for my nail/hair products.

The box itself when I first opened it was quite light and I admit that initially I thought it wasn't going to be big enough for my make up. But upon opening it I could see it really utilised the space of the box well, which, in my opinion, the San Remo Beauty box doesn't do, which is why we opted for the St Tropez rather than the Remo.
The top two tiers on either side fold outwards as you open the two sides manually. The top tier has 3 squares either side and can be used for lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushers... whatever you want really. Each square would comfortably hold about 16 Barry M Dazzle Dust pots 8 on top of 8(to give you an idea of size). I keep eyeshadows on one side and lipsticks and face products on the other.

The second tiers are one long compartment. I use these to keep my longer items such as mascaras and eyeliners on one side and lip glosses and lip pencils on the other.

The bottom compartment doesn't lose out on any space from the top two tiers as they literally close just in the lid space. The bottom tier is bigger than I had expected as you really can fill it right up. I keep my Silk Pro 12-Piece Professional Travel Cosmetic Brush Set in there along with two 88 eye colour palettes and various sets from Benefit which are actually quite large. I also keep any other larger items in the bottom section that won't fit into the top tiers comfortably, or that seem too heavy for them, like glass bottled foundations. The plus side is, i still have quite a bit of space in the bottom section should I go crazy and buy even more make up this month.

One thing I'm not sure though, is how well it would hold up being filled to the brim and carried around on a daily basis for work purposes. Since I am just using this for my own personal collection at home I'm not sure it's quite robust enough for an actual make up artist with a larger collection, mainly as mine is 3/4 full and is now rather heavy - I'm worried the handle doesn't seem 100% strong as it's quite light and plastic. I guess time will tell...

For home use though, the box itself is well made with shiny corrigated style pink plastic that really is a lot nicer in person than in the pictures on Amazon.
The box can be locked with standard set of vanity keys, although I have no need for this function it's still asthetically pleasing.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the beauty box and should my collection grow ever larger I would need another one and would buy one in an instant!

[Add comment]