5.0 out of 5 stars Like A performance review. You know you're getting fired for that incident with Rachel from Marketing no matter what you say., 7 July 2014
This review is from: How to Develop Your Family Mission Statement (Kindle Edition)
I will admit straight up that I have not read this book. Amazon suggested it to me in my inbox. And I'm quite drunk. I'll give him five stars for applying something that honestly speaking is the curse of the modern workplace and applying it to one's domestic arrangements. I'm sure for some people running your life like a corporate entity is a novel approach that will avoid divorce, marriage counselling. I can see a really great spin off series. HR for families. Health & Safety for Families. Not getting caught in bed with your wifes best friend conflict resolution for families. All good stuff. I mean, seriously, I'd love to sit in my living room with a flip chart, some coloured pens and a microsoft project management suite outlining our future together to replace our nightly arguments over why I drink too much stella and peed in the kettle. Its important stuff this. Seriously, for people who work in big PLC's and married Catherine from Accounts I think this is the answer you've been looking for. Unfortunately my missus's idea of a mission statement involves drunken arguments at 3am, frequent thrown shoes and threats of divorce. All said and done adding a 9am powerpoint briefing on our future roadmap together is going to not go down as well as Stephen would perhaps envisage.
But I will give him 5 stars despite all this, because it just goes to show, some of us are destined to be Apple, steered by visionaries like Steven Jobs, for the rest of us, its Amstrad and grumpy Alan Sugar and no amount of corporate help is going to save us from a messy divorce, taking our kids to McDonalds on a Saturday and life in a grotty bedsit while our wife drives the X5 to pilates lessons. I'm not bitter, honestly, If we'd maybe read this book sooner our mission statement would have simply been MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2014 07:17:51 BDT
Your review shouldn't have been helpful (given that you haven't read the book) but strangely it was. I think there might be a book of common sense advice for real people inside you.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 08:09:34 BDT
boudicca says:
So agree with Minnie Mouse.

This is the funniest review I've ever read on Amazon. It's sparked a debate over the breakfast table too.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 08:10:45 BDT
Tamsett says:
Best review I've ever read. Loved it.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 08:51:46 BDT
Orm says:
do you write for Jack Dee?

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 09:01:21 BDT
Great review, added a smile to my day

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 09:35:46 BDT
DohaSu says:
I am cracking up at my desk. This has made my day no end - I'm currently in Qatar during Ramadan and my and my son's passports are caught up in the fiasco that is the British passport service so my plans of escaping to Blighty have been spannered. Please write a few more.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 09:37:20 BDT
I also have not read the book and probably don't think I will. However, your review cracked me up - brilliant!

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 09:40:56 BDT
Brilliant. Not a review of the book......but brilliant anyway.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 09:45:57 BDT
Lorham says:
I love your review and I agree with you. Perhaps you should sit down with your wife, a few bottles of Stella & some wine - then video what you do over the next few hours.Next sit down and write a sit-com! I would like to be a fly on the wall in your house, drunk on alcohol fumes & dodging shoes!

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 10:05:15 BDT
Sandy M says:
I have not read the book. I completely agree with this reviewer and would buy him a beer if I could.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews)

Add to wishlist