10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Box set review,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Doctor Who -- The Complete Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
What I liked:
- The episodes are awesome. There is not one bad episode.
- The boxset isn't like the previous 4 series, instead it is in the style of a book where you flip through the DVD's.
- The quality of the DVD's (Standard definition) is fantastic.
- There are a lot of special features on each DVD.
- There is a 6th bonus DVD for the confidential cut downs which I really enjoyed.
What I didn't like:
- Instead of having 3 episodes on each disk, on some there are only 2. The boxset would be better having 5 disks instead of the spread out 6.
- Because of it only having 2 episodes on some disk it messes up some 2-part stories. For example on the weeping angle episodes you have to change the disk to watch the second part.
- No episode guide included.
If you are a Doctor who fan I would definitely recommend buying this box set as it is fantastic!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2013 09:23:44 BDT
Sessiz Tepe says:
You know, more episodes on a single disc means more compression and loss of quality. The fact that the episodes are spreaded out on 6 discs may very well be the reason why you described the quality as "fantastic".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›