7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: LG RHT498H Digital TV Recorder with 250GB Hard Disc Drive & DVD Recorder (Electronics)
We contacted the LG online helpdesk by e-mail.
The fix to remove subtitles is:
"You can disable the subtitles with the following method:
1) Press the "HOME" button on your remote.
2) Scroll to the right using the right arrow button to "EASY MENU".
3) Highlight "SETUP" and press "OK".
4) Scroll down to the icon of an "A" (display settings) and then scroll to the right.
5) Scroll to "DTV SUBTITLES" and change the language to "GAELIC".
6) Press "OK" to confirm.
7) Exit the menus, change channel."
Our other dissatisfaction regarding this recorder is the single tuner issue. But we were mis-sold by PC World in Boston.
We are hoping to find workarounds regarding some other features, but these are relatively minor.