5.0 out of 5 stars I beat emetophobia using THRIVE, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive: The Research-backed Self-help Programme to Overcome Your Fear of Being Sick (Spiral-bound)
I worked with Rob Kelly himself, and I was a very severe emetophobic. Rob introduced me to ''Thrive'' - a concept I fought I might add, like my depended on it. That said, my life was so utterly consumed by a phobia of sick, that I had nothing to lose - so I tried, despite my very sceptical view of this ''cure''.

I had emetophobia for over 30 years - it ruled every second of my life, coloured every experience, destroyed everything in my life, tormented me - I lived in fear. Everything I did, or did not do was defined by sick. I had seen in excess of 45 different therapists, over decades, spent thousands upon thousands on treatments (literally) with the promise of a ''cure'' only to be told I was ''resistant'' my phobia was ''too severe'' and labelled ''untreatable''. I had almost given up, hen I met Rob Kelly - he will remain the most amazing, insight, perceptive and kind man I have ever met - his knowledge of people, their minds, the interplay of emotions, personality traits and basically what makes us all 'tick' will never ever cease to amaze me - I often feel he can reach into my mind and read my thoughts - its at times, erie how spot on he actually was / is. This guy actually gets emetophobia - I have never met anyone else who does like him and I have been treated in every corner of this Earth - again literally. This actually DOES show you how to cure yourself. Hard to believe, and believe me many a heated argument was had on this topic...it would not be unfair to say I was quite an offensive person to treat...

That said, Rob never waivered - not once. His utter belief in this was shocking at times to me - he KNEW it worked. Did I believe him - sorry, no, not once. Did I do what Thrive asked - eventually yes & I so wish I had long before - because when I did, I actually started to SEE a difference in myself.

I hate being wrong, I truly hate it - but I am happy to say I was wrong - in every sense of the word - this works, by god does it work. I have a life for the first time in my life and I got it using thrive.

If you think life is not worth living because of sick, or that you just CAN'T deal with it, or CAN'T do anything because you might be sick - then please put yourself out of the misery I know it is to live with a phobia like this - buy this book and do exactly what it says - nothing more, nothing less. And trust me, if it helped me - it can help you too. This is not some bogus approach by some guy who is trying to sell a book - not some ''motivational'' book - not one of those billions of ''self help'' books that don't get it / make any difference. This approach does, and I am living proof of it - proof that a phobia can be beaten, against all odds and now I am so desperately grateful as for the first time, I have a life & I never ever thought I would!

Thank you Mr Kelly, you are truly the most inspirational, wise man on this planet - I so hope others can benefit as I did. Thanks for sticking with me!!!!!!

Your life does not have to be about sick - there actually is a treatment now, that does work!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]