5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Good Sound, 23 Aug. 2012
I bought this product to replace my ageing infrared transmitter + headphones and simply use my bluetooth headset that I have for my phone anyway. I also welcomed the flexibility of being able to use this anywhere. This way I can listen to my laptop, tablet, mp3-player and other devices anywhere.

It arrived this morning. It paired/connected flawlessly with my 7dayshop R7 Premium Foldable Bluetooth Stereo Headphones / Handsfree Headset With Touch Button - Piano Black - Travel Case Included!

Findings so far:
1. The sound quality is much better than my old infrared headphones. Not as good as high-end wired headphones, but good. The sound is also louder than through infrared. Infrared can be shared with many, though. Bleutooth allows only one connection at a time.
2. There is a small delay (lips are slightly out of sync etc.).
3. The unit can be used plugged in (i.e. charging) or unplugged. If you unplug it while using it it just plays on, but if you plug it in while using it, it will re-set and re-connect.
4. When using the unit unplugged the sound quality is crisp and clear, when using it while charging there may be interference audible. I'll need to experiment with different powersources.
5. The range is about 10m through several walls. Great.

Conclusion:
Despite the tiny delay I prefer this setup over the infrared one. The sound quality is better, the device can be used with other devices and away from home (and can be charged in the car or anywhere from any USB source).
I should have bought one earlier...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2014 21:47:17 BDT
John Spandli says:
I would like to use this to hook up to my telly. As I watch a lot of movies at night (2am-4am is not unusual). Have you figured out how to resolved the lip-sync delay? As if it doesn't do this...it's pointless me purchasing this product.

Have you tried the adapter on other bluetooth headsets/phones and is the delay the same?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 23:35:01 BDT
customer says:
Hi John,

I watch almost every night and I have no problem with the slight delay.

Before I put the headset on I usually listen through the speakers and then put the headset on and then switch the speakers off. It is noticeable that the headphones have a slight delay as compared to hearing the speakers.

The fact that I do not mind much may be illustrated by the fact that my TV allows adjusting/changing a timeshift by milliseconds and I have not started using that. So I could compensate, if I found it annoying.

Of course, whether you find it annoying can only be judged by you. But if your TV has an option to compensate that could save it.

I have tried the adapter on 2 headsets, the main cause of the delay is not in the headsets, but in the bleutooth transmitter. I guess converting to bleutooth takes millisecs.

Hope this helps.