4.0 out of 5 stars Really does LOOK like an iPod...from the outside., 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: 8GB MP3/MP4 Player (4th Gen) with FM Radio (Colours May Vary)
I wanted a new iPod but didn't want to pay the price tag that comes with it. This little music player makes a great alternative to the more recent generations of the nano. Overall I'm glad the bad reviews didn't sway me, because for the price, it is pretty decent in my opinion. It's a shame Amazon doesn't let you choose a colour, but luckily there weren't many in the selection that I didn't like (mainly yellow), so I was quite content with the lime green colour I received.

I was quite surprised by the contents of the box too. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was glad to see that it came with not only an iPod style usb cable, but also a mains plug to attach the usb cable to for mains charging. Headphones are obviously included too, but I doubt many would choose to use them.

I did find the mp3 screens a little confusing to navigate at first, but once I'd had a play around with it, I soon got the hang of it. There is an instruction manual in the box, but they seem to be for a completely different player than the one I received. I also had trouble transferring all of my music from my iTunes to Windows Media Player for syncing... (Drag and drop just wouldn't work for some reason) but once I'd found the iTunes library folder in my windows music library, adding all my music to the player became no problem. Plus, doing it this way had automatically organised it all by artist and then album. - Something I loved about having an iPod, fortunately I don't need to miss that!

There is an option to set it to play at random/shuffle etc. However some may be disappointed by not being able to have the slide option on the wheel, it is all operated by pressing the fastforward/rewind button to scroll up/down. Also, the play mode screen is very much like an mp3 style play screen, however the main menu itself is similar to the iPod menu.

Despite this, I am generally happy with the product. I wasn't expecting much of it and I've only had it a day, but so far I am pleased with it. The sound quality is good, transferring music onto the device was fairly simple (in the end), and is organised into artist - album folders for easier music searching.

My only gripe with the product is that I don't think Amazon actually send the same product every time. I don't know why but people seem to have written different things that either my device, does or doesn't have... Either way, I do recommend.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]