7 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Skyfall - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (Blu-ray)
The Skyfall steelbook is nicely designed with a nice outer slipcase that covers the entire back, and partially the front of the case. Only downside with the cover is that the picture isn't as crystal clear as we would have hoped, the background image that is, the rest is fine.
It includes a digital copy disc that will work with iTunes or Android, and this disc is also a DVD disc you can happily use on any DVD player of your choice.
The special features include...
- 13 Shooting Bond Featurettes including; opening sequence, Q, DB5, Women, Villains, M, Locations and Music.
- Skyfall Premiere Featurette
- Commentary by Director Sam Mendes
- Commentary by Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson and Production Designer Dennis Gassner.
- Shooting Bond (Blu-ray exclusive) - Journey deep into the world of Bond and get closer to all of the heart-stopping action, glamorous women, exotic locations, cutting edge gadgets and shadowy villains.
The DVD/digital copy disc is strange, because it has the Region 2 logo on it (the image of the world with a large '2' covering it) but says "NTSC" under it. Why? I don't know. I inserted the disc into my Macbook Pro and it said the format wasn't accepted. But the strange thing is, that was only for my DVD Player, iTunes recognised it and I could happily enter my Digital Copy code and receive my digital copy. Which I now have, and thats fine. I also entered that disc into my PS3 I have in my room that I bought mainly for the Blu-Ray player, and it works fine on there.
The DVD copy doesn't have any special features on the disc, only the Blu-Ray.
The interior of the steelbook is quite nice. It features rom the left to right, Silva, Sévérine, Q and Eve. Behind them is a large 007 logo that covers the back. There is no booklet, only a leaflet explaining how to receive your digital copy. The two discs are nicely placed next to each other on the right side and are easy to get out.