5.0 out of 5 stars A better battery than expected, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Anker® New Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010) 15R (N5110) 17R (N7010) 17R (N7110) 13R (N3010) 14R (N4010) 14R (N4110) M5110 M4110 M501 M503 Series, Fits P/N J1KND 4T7JN 312-0234 - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/49WH] (Electronics)
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.
I had ordered this sample to review and I received it within two days. The battery was very well packaged from both inside and outside. There were two sponge layers on the inside in order to prevent any damage whatsoever. There was also an instruction manual which informed me about how to gain optimal battery performance and maintenance.
I removed the original Dell Inspiron N5050 battery and installed the Anker replacement battery with ease. Doesn't fit as perfect as your Dell battery for this model laptop however you can't expect it to be perfect for a substitute battery as another manufacturer can hardly ever get the fitting 100% no matter how good they are.
I charged it over night as the manual instructed me and when I switched the battery on the next evening the battery meter on the laptop read 99% - 2 hr 14 min. I left the laptop to run without using any programs or applications to see whether there were any initial problems and there was not - worked perfect. I used the laptop with normal use to plan my lessons for teaching which included using music, browsing internet and Microsoft files and the laptop ended up giving me approx 2.5-3 hours of continued usage.
To say that this is a copy battery it is extremely good and does what you would expect it to but even more. The first battery I received was a defect but no sooner had I posted my review online ANKER got in contact with me and within another two days I was using the 2nd replacement which worked perfect with no problems. Anker still got in contact with me afterwards to make sure I the battery I got was working fine and they even let me keep the first battery I ordered as a good gesture. For customer service, in my opinion from experience, they have a five star service with excellent products. I have left my Dell battery in the drawer now as my laptop is now married to the ANKER battery replacement. I would definitely recommend you do the same.

[Add comment]