1.0 out of 5 stars A MASSIVE CON, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Kindle Edition)
I was completely gripped by the first half of the story, so much so that I ignored the flaws in the plot and implausible plot devices. But as the more plot became more & more ridiculous, I started to get VERY ANNOYED.

There are plenty of examples of the stupid nonsense contained in this story within in these reviews. One that particularly annoyed me was the idea that this woman's "husband" can come home from a hard day at the office, be too tired to talk to her, does not care that she sits in a separate room, but still be an obsessive psychotic who waited & watched her for years.

And they can afford to live in a 3 bed house in Muswell Hill on a teaching assistant's salary. Ludicrous!

Basically I think this author is a con man. He has come up with a good idea for a story that really draws you in, but he then insults the reader with what is THE WORST ENDING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE.

Seriously I want my money back. Who do I complain to?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2012 22:48:01 BDT
Liked the premise but, like so many others, found it became more ludicrous as it went on. Didn't spend too much time on it and really hated the ending, which was clearly written with one eye on the whole thing being made into a movie - borrows heavily from The Shining and Fatal Attraction but not in a good way - just yuk! I wonder whether he'll do another - or maybe he's made so much money out of this one that he won't bother again???

Another issue I have with this book is its steadfast determination to sound modern and 'with it'. I think it's going to date very very quickly, because it has nothing profound to say about anything.
Honestly, Daphne du Maurier would eat this guy for breakfast when it comes to creating a psychological thriller and still have room for more toast!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2012 10:21:31 GMT
George Nada says:
I would say the BIGTS is clearly written by a woman not a man.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2013 10:50:41 GMT
I'm pretty sure it's a woman too. But whatever, agree that it's got the worst ending ever, the most inconsistencies I've ever read in one book and the most boring one-dimensional unbelievable characters I've ever come across. Made me really really annoyed when I'd finished, I felt a part of my life had been stolen that I would never get back!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2014 10:51:07 GMT
JM says:
If it's by a woman, it's a bald-headed woman.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (3,536 customer reviews)
 (2,016)