5.0 out of 5 stars What a great product Easy to use & works with windows 7, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Official ClimaxDigital USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. Convert Video+Audio from VHS, V8, Hi8, All Camcorders, Video Recorder, DVD player, Satellite TV, Freeview etc. Capture xbox360 & playstation3 in PAL 60 colour. Includes Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 editing software. Upload videos direct to YouTube . Supports Windows XP/Vista + Windows 7 32/64. +Windows 8+ *FREE AV cable* (Electronics)
I purchased this Climaxdigital video grabber hopeful it would work ---- and to my pleasure it did work.
If my opening comments sound skeptical it is because of purchasing other video grabber products that promised the earth and did not deliver.

I have always wanted to convert my old VCR tapes but did not want to purchase expensive recording equipment but I did in the past purchase Video grabbers that said they would work with windows vista & windows 7 but only to be dissapointed They did not work with windows Vista & 7 They would work to an extent with windows XP but they did have problems with sound.

I had resigned mylelf to never being able to wach my old VCR tapeds of past adventures with my family ( holidays / parties and the kids when they were young)again until I purchased the Climaxdigital product.

It works great The software & hardware downloaded easily and in no time I was up and running. I have converted my Camcorder tapes to DVD disc and also my VCR tapes as well.

If you follow the user manual for the Homestech software editor recording is very easy. The editing can be daunting but stick with it and play about until you gain experience and all will be well. I also purchased a Gold Switchable Scart to 3 x Phono & S-Video Adaptor to make it easy to connect to my VCR recorded by Scart connection, but I believe the video and sound connections that come with the Climaxdigital video grabber would work as well connected to the VCR recorder.

Overall I am extreamly happy with this product and at a great price too. and Yippee !!!!!! it works with windows 7 !!!!!

Hope this review will be helpfull to you ----- in the meantime I'm away to do some more old VCR tape convertions.

ONE NOTE OF INTEREST ALWAYS OPEN A NEW PROJECT AS I DID NOT DO THIS AND ENDED UP WITH A PREVIOUS PROJECT ADDED ON TO THE PROJECT I WAS TRYING TO BURN

[Add comment]