5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better than the smell of home cooked bread., 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Home baked bread: Recipes beyond the basic Loaf: Everything You need to Know to Bake 43 Amazing Breads (Home Baked Bread! Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
As far as I am concerned the quality of bread which one buys at the supermarket these days is dismal. What's more, I am very wary of E numbers, GM ingredients and additives which are fake. This book has given me control over my diet as I can now eat a wide variety of bread knowing it is as fresh as it can be and free from nasty ingredients - I have total quality control.

The recipes are simple to follow and making bread is much easier that I thought even without a food processor.

The bagel recipe was brilliant and made a very authentic bagel. The Chelsea bun and crumpet recipes made the best sweet treats I have had since my Gran was alive.

Classic British breads and bun recipes combine with some exotic breads from across the world including Vetkoek from my native South Africa. I am looking forward to trying the Zopf, Tsoureki and Focaccia.

For folks who don't eat flour, there are excellent cornbread, rye and Pumpernickel recipes which I'll be making for my Mom who is wheat-free. The Hallulla from Chile was a new one for me and something I am glad I discovered.

A mouth watering array of bread recipes: everything from pita bread to tortilla to more traditional loaves. Simple instructions and great fun to make.

Would recommend to anyone who is sick and tired of boring sliced, supermarket bread and who wants to jazz up their sandwiches. The more unusual breads are terrific for entertaining - your guests will be impressed.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]