ARRAY(0xad347f0c)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TZ10 - a Great Camera, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
I wanted to supplement my Fuji S9500, with which I am still well pleased, with a smaller digital camera. I was nearly seduced by a cheaper Fuji XP30 waterproof but went for the Panasonic in the end partly because of the 12 reviews I read, partly because of their photo samples (picture quality is what I buy a camera for) and partly because it is basically a Leica.

I've had it only a few days and am delighted - ignore the negative reviews you might find. It is intuitive in use, has all the options a keen amateur (and for all I know, a keen professional) might want including easy and high quality video (even in mpg format, which I'll mostly stick with)and a great lens. It's actually given me a problem, because the picture quality is better, just, than my Fuji so it may supplant rather than supplement it. Thanks, Leica.

There have been complaints about battery life and it certainly needs replacing more often than the 4 AAs in the Fuji; but I bought a spare (NOT a Panasonic one) which works perfectly and recharges faster than the original - I have just ordered a second spare, at 12.95 inc delivery. I can take 200 pix a day when out walking, so I don't want to be short of battery. If I find a battery with more than 895 mAh, I'll grab it.

The GPS is certainly a drain on the battery but you'll rarely need it; I have a handheld GPS anyway, so I can always backtrack and compare the timings of photo and route waypoint.

I've had a Canon AE1 Program for over 25 years and my first digital 8 years ago was a very good Nikon until the shutter delay became a nuisance, but the Panasonic TZ10 is easily the best camera I have handled. I cannot imagine needing to replace it until they make the same package available in a credit-card sized camera. It's also good value now that the replacement TZ20 has come along - I doubt it will be much better.

PS - I don't work for Amazon, Panasonic, Leica or anybody in the photographic business!

Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCDPremium Range - DMW-BCG10E, DMWBCG10E, BCG10E, DMW BCG10E - 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Panasonic Lumix :- Lumix DMC-TZ6, DMCTZ6, DMC-TZ7, DMCTZ7, DMC-TZ8, DMCTZ8, DMC-TZ10, DMCTZ10, DMC-ZR1, DMCZR1, DMC-ZS1, DMC...

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]