4.0 out of 5 stars Good preparation for driving, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Driving Test Success All Tests New Edition 2013/14 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This package attempts to prepare you for the UK Driving Theory, Hazard Perception and even practical test. It also aims to prevent quite so many young drivers being involved in collisions.

The initial video is quite sobering, and it would be good if parents ensured their children watch this feature. We really do have to do something to improve the statistics.

I found the theory test part was quite useful, and good practice for the test. I was relieved I seemed to do okay, except I wasn't as hot on the first aid as I might have hoped.

I found the Hazard Perception a bit tricker, in fact I found it quite tricky to work out what I was supposed to be doing, and where I had made the mistakes. It was only after I had used it a few times, that I realised what was being scored. So the instructions could be clearer. If this is what the real test is like, then actually this section is invaluable, as I would have been totally confused as to what I was supposed to do without it.

Other features include: Practical Driving Lessons, helpful if you aren't even sure what you are supposed to be doing. To be used in combination with real lessons in the rd.
The Official Highway Code - as needed by all drivers, although this is also available on line.
Mock driving test - together with feedback, a useful part of your preparation, and to calm nerves.
Braking Distance Simulator - interesting to see what different speeds or road surface or loads do to breaking distance.
The Show me Tell me questions.
Also it can be used on the go, you can download sections to listen to on a MP3 player.
There is also the chance to access free online updates.

It can be set up for multiple users, and as well as the basic learner driver mode, it can be set for the ADI test. Which I may just come back to using!

Overall, it is a useful tool for anyone who is or has children who are preparing for their driving test. It was pretty simple to install and use.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]