5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black (Electronics)
I was originally going to buy PX100 headphones but the fact that they've been discontinued now and the price is only slightly less than this model I decided to go with their newer model with high expectations. The praise with the PX100 model is crazy, and I would have thought that the newer PX100ii headphone should follow the footsteps of its older brother.

Needless to say, I am very impressed! I have owned other headphones in the past - Koss Portapro, CX300ii, Bose On-Ear headphones, Sennheiser HD228 and this model seems to have taken all the pros from these headphones and balanced them to make a perfect, portable headphone!

A thing I love about these headphones is the build quality and the weight of it. It doesn't feel light, but I think it's a good thing because it feels like the right kind of weight, a makes it feel very sturdy. The material used is hard plastic and the padding at the top of the headphones feel very comfortable on your head. The actual earpieces feel like quality, super comfortable, hard, outer covering, overall excellent build quality (probably an improvement over the original PX100s because I've heard complaints of its build quality). The single sided and thick wire reinstates the excellent build quality. The headphone jack is straight rather than L-shaped, which maybe a concern, but feels constructed, not flimsy and made of hard plastic also.

The comfort on these headphones are out of this world. Seriously. I have some Bose On-Ear headphones and I thought they were so comfy, but they are quite big and not too portable so it makes your ears quite hot. The buds on these headphones are small and portable but cover your ears so perfectly, and the lightness means you never feel your ears becoming hot. It is a very portable headphone indeed.

Onto the sound quality. One word: Awesome! I love the sound quality. The bass out of the box is very punchy indeed, like my CX300-iis but without the feeling of being engulfed by an dominating bass. The bass just feels - right. Not like when you lsiten to it you feel a bit ill, but just crisp and detailed. It's great. My Bose headphones have a much stronger bass, but the bass on these are a pleasure to listen to, I don't feel fatigued listening to it. Needless to say, the bass is right on the money!

There is high clarity and detail when listening to these. With my Bose, everything sounds overpowering and epic/dramatic, which is great in some cases, but these headphones make music sound like it should - clear mids, highs and lows. My Bose struggles slightly with mids, which is the most important, but these get it right.

Now I know why people loved the PX100s so much. Even though I've never got a chance to hear those, I can imagine that the PX100iis takes everything that people loved about the PX100s, improved the design and build quality, sharpened the bass and made it even more of a joy to listen to.

At 30, this is such good value for money.

If you're looking for the best portable headphones are the best value, you have come to the right place.

I love these!

THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW :)

UPDATE: 5th April 2012 - The headphones are still nearly in the same condition as when I bought them, and I use them practically everyday! It's still going strong. I don't understand these complaints of breaking after a year - I reckon there are fakes lying around. I bought mine from a reputable seller (MyMemory) so to avoid disappoint buy from them because it's guaranteed to be the genuine product.

[Add comment]