5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Denon CEOL RCDN8 Networked Mini System With iPod Dock (White) (Electronics)
I've had this the Denon CEOL RCDN8 for about a week and soon after I bought it I noticed some very negative reviews on audio forum web sites. I was nervous setting this up and expected the worst.

Contrary to them I've had absolutely no problems setting this up with my wi-fi even though I use the notorious Virgin super hub, which was listed as a network it would not work with in another review, so much for web reviews.
It was extremely easy and I'm over 50!

The sound quality on the Denon is excellent, using Spotify with either the player or iPad it's very good and the CD's better, but not so as you'd really notice.
I've lost the BBC internet radio signal a few times but that happens with my computer too so no surprises there.

This replaced a huge Sony AV amp and I realise what a load of rubbish that was as the little B&W speakers are so much better via the Denon. I can hear good bass and subtle bits of recording that were not noticeable with the Sony.

I wanted a simple economical unit that would play Spotify, work with AIrplay, iPod / iPhone / iPad as I have Mac devices and it plays CDs. The Denon CEOL does all this well and is a good price for the quality of sound. It's nice looking (white matches my speakers), simple and small. The remote is straightforward and the user interface on the player clear and informative.
It's supposed to do other things which I've not tried, like the USB input and supports most of the audio formats you may have. It had an optical audio input too which might be useful linked to the AppleTV, I don't have the lead yet but will enable me to use the audio from that too. If I can play using Airplay I can access my music library on my main computer through my iPad.

All in all I'd recommend this especially if you already have decent speakers.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]