3.0 out of 5 stars Ka ching go the ca$h Registers, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Live at Wembley 25th Anniversary [2DVD+2CD Deluxe Edition] [2011] (DVD)
I'm a huge Queen fan but am over the cashing-in that is going on since they moved their catalogue to Universal Music.Brian May and Roger Taylor's pension fund must be getting low. I've already bought this show twice Queen - The DVD Collection: Live At Wembley Stadium (Two Disc Set) and I already own the cd set.
Now,so you can see the previous nights show,which I AM interested in,you HAVE to buy the aforementioned Sat night show on dvd AND cd again! What's going on with milking your fans Brian & Roger?? Where's "Greatest Video Hits 3" or the Budapest show from the same tour???
Surely there's something left in the vault.Will probably buy this purely out of curiosity to see the Friday night show but will get it after someone who has seen it posts a review re quality of audio and picture.I just think it's a bit rich we are being asked to re-purchase the same stuff again!
Freddie would probably be proud that his music is still out there but I'm not so sure he would approve draining his fans pockets for the same old drag over and over again.
Happy Birthday Freddie,you are still missed and loved by us all!

post note.To add insult to those who did purchase this again,there is now a Super-Deluxe Edition for release later in 2011.They could have at least released the two editions at the same time.Yet more money grabbing to make their hard core fans buy something they already own again and again and again.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2011 21:10:47 BDT
Graham says:
An excellent review and summation of the rip off 40 year celebrations of a great band - I agree with you 100% - what you've been given, is all that you've been given a thousand times before ...to quote the band's own lyrics. I always thought Queen had great integrity growing up as a kid, none of their albums duplicated songs from previous albums, now we are being flooded with Cold Cuts and Re-issues. Just wait till they sink their teeth into Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray ........

Posted on 8 Sep 2011 10:28:35 BDT
Giorgio says:
"will get it after someone who has seen it posts a review re quality of audio and picture"... I'll second that.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2011 11:30:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Sep 2011 11:31:10 BDT
DJ Control says:
Thanks for you kind comments Graham.I've been waiting for something really special to be released for the 40th Anniversary,and am still waiting.I have heard the remasters are pretty good but I'm refusing to buy the albums again(bought the Jap remasters in 2002,they sound awesome) and the so called deluxe editions are a joke.I too thought of Queen as a band of "integrity" and respect for their fans.
If the picture and sound are good on the second show for this Wembley re-release I may be tempted but surely it would've been better for the fans to release the extra show by itself as well as in this deluxe set.

Posted on 13 Sep 2011 17:47:45 BDT
The Man says:
why are you moaning in a reviewer section about a product that has been remastered, shoudnt you be moaning to Brian and Roger or the record company??? People will only agree or disagree with this, but if you wnt something done then . . . yeah...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2011 09:07:53 BDT
DJ Control says:
"why are you moaning in a reviewer section about a product that has been remastered "...
Hmm last time I had a look,the picture on my DVD copy of Live at Wembley was very good.It was shot very well.And the last time I listened to it,the sound was in glorious dts 96/24,pretty much the best audio you can get with DVD video.My cd copy of this concert is also a Japanese remaster from 2002 which also sounds very good for cd audio.My major gripe is being forced to buy something I've already bought too many times.If they released the extra concert by itself I would have no problem.
I have made my feelings clear here to Brian and Roger if you read all my review and a product page is the place to do it.
Don't really understand what you are "moaning" about Mr The Man.I have one question for you.
Did this really need remastering???

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2011 09:58:00 BDT
Giorgio says:
>Did this really need remastering???

That is exactly what I am trying to figure out: has *any* remastering been done on this edition? Is it worth the "upgrade", or does the picture look exactly the same as before?
Somebody, please, answer.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2011 11:13:34 BDT
DJ Control says:
Well said givolini...somebody please answer!

Posted on 26 Sep 2011 23:09:56 BDT
Gavin Jones says:
I totally agree with you, it's such a rip-off. The Friday performance (which is shown in its entirety) should have been released separately for the fans that purchased the 2003 concert DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2011 01:40:36 BDT
DJ Control says:
Thanks for that Gavin.What's the picture and sound quality like for the Friday show?

Posted on 2 Oct 2011 09:08:41 BDT
DJ Control says:
We may yet get something special for the Queen 40th.HMV Japan have the first three albums up for pre-order in the SA-CD fromat. Current release date 23rd nov.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›