4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: TP-Link TD-W8961ND 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (EU Plug) (Accessory)
I bought this to replace a NetGear N300 that kept dropping the Internet signal - a common problem with NetGears as i needed a powerful good range router.

We have 3 laptops, 2 smartphones, a Wii and an ipod that all need to be connected.

The TP is easy to set up provided you have some idea about what you are doing, a complete novice may become a little bewildered by the different screens.

But once we were up and running, it was faster than the Netgear and also very stable. I have had the internet drop once and that was because of the line, not the router.

I needed a greater range and this router has a very strong a fast range quite some distance away (and through half of the house!). If you are a bit of a distance away, it does tend to struggle to connect to the router but otherwise, I can't fault it.

Aesthetically, it is a little too 'functional' in its appearance but we have semi hidden it away.

My only real niggle is that if you turn it off, sometimes it takes a couple of goes to re-connect to the internet but I believe that this is firmware related and is being fixed currently.

Only 4 stars because of its physical look and also its set up screens. Nothing wrong with them but they look more 'IT Services' than consumer - Don't let that put you off, it's a great bit of kit.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Sep 2012 16:16:22 BDT
Mr Unlucky says:
I bought this model failed after 13 months TP Link were no help just asked a lot of questions but if it dead what can you find out.Dont buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 14:34:33 GMT
Steven Lloyd says:
I have now had this router for over 14 months. It has remained (as ugly) as good as when first purchased. Still going strong, any problems I have had, a power down and power u has fixed it. Perhaps I'm lucky but I have heard mainly good things about this router.
I don't believe I have called customer service though! perhaps that would change my mind.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›