5.0 out of 5 stars Party in the UK, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Time Of Our Lives (Audio CD)
Ok so I got my hands on a copy from Wal-Mart thanx to a friend in the US and I have to say that the EP is incredible.

What I particularly like is the fact that although there are only 7 tracks on the US CD (The UK release will have an extra track "The Climb" taken from the Hannah Montana : The Movie soundtrack) there are different styles used and Miley shows what an outstanding musical talent she is. Whilst it is definetely aimed at an older audience than her Hannah Montana albums it is still going to be popular to any age (although she does say Pi$$ed in Talk is Cheap doesn't bother me but I know some parents may object).

1) Kicking & Screaming; this is a cover from the "I AM ME" album by Ashlee Simpson. It's a very uptempo rock song and really good track to kick off the album. 4/5

2) Party in the USA; another uptempo song and really, really catchy. Will get you dancing and bouncing around without too much trouble. 5/5

3) Talk is Cheap; another Rock track and this one is defenitely aimed at the older teen audience, certainly edgier than any of her previous tracks or work but again after a few plays you'll thoroughly enjoy it 5/5

4) When I Look At You; The first ballad style song and one of my favourite tracks on the album to listen too, Taken from the film "The Last Song" which is due for release next year (Miley is the lead character) accompanied by a piano which Miley is seen playing in the video this is a really beautiful song which lyrics which feel so right, 5/5

5) The Time of our Lives; Obviously the title song of the album, it's a very funky song and it's yet another song which gets you humming and dancing without too much difficulty. 5/5

6) Obsessed; This track is another balland and always makes me think about the first time I fell in love, not being able to concentrate speaking for hours on the phone, how every conversation feels like I haven't spoken to her for days even when it's only been a couple of hours, this just feels so personal and again Miley sings it so well. 5/5

7) Before The Storm; is a live recording with the Jonas Brothers, this track is all about Nick and Mileys relationship and you can really tell how personal it is in the way that they sing, took me a couple of plays to get into it but I would definetely rate it. 5/5

8) The Climb; May sound stupid but this track had a profound effect on my life earlier on in the year when I was at a really low point, the lyrics are so strong and emotive and speak from & to the heart. Obviously is goes without saying that this track rates 10/10 everytime

Overall this album is fantastic and playing constantly on my MP3 player, If you buy it (and I would really recommend it) then I would say play every track 3 or 4 times before making any final decisions as some of the tracks kind of grow on you.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]