6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
missing features, confusing, poor support,
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought quickbooks pro 2012 elsewhere, but returned it after three days of aggrevation. My experience of quickbooks pro 2012 was not good, believing they had sold a product which didn't do what it advertised and the support was equally frustrating.
My reasons are simple:
1. I wanted a product that could hold my receipts for items bought, as scanned images, alongside the transaction.
2. After researching the products available I was lead to believe Quickbooks pro 2012 could do this with its new features.
3. Needless to say it didn't, even though help pages explained it could do this, and web sites advertised it as a new feature.
4. The online support was of little help. The virtual support was of no use, not understanding the most simplest of questions. When I rang the call centre, I got more frustrated in that they repeatly showed me how to enter in a customer receipt and didn't understand my need to record a receipt for an item purchased as a scanned image. He even showed me other standard features that I needed by enabling them from the preferences field within edit. None of which answered my problem. Finally, he insisted the product could not attach scanned images, never advertised this, and he knew the product very well.
5. After insistently asking for the supervisor, I evetually got to talk with him. I showed him the web site where it was advertised he said ah, this is the US version. Those features are not available in the UK. The superviser was at least polite and helpful.
Conclusion - I believe the product does not do what it advertises, or at the least does not make it clear the features are for US only. Intuit should really standardise their products, train their support staff in the products offered, and not offer features in different countries. I understand tax rule differences but attachments of receipts and document management are an obvious need. When I looked at the price it's the same aswell. Finally, the support is very poor. I will update this further if their promise of a refund is as equally frustrating.