ARRAY(0xa33b8444)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is this product on the market?, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Pure Sensia 200D Connect Portable Wireless Music and Radio System with Colour Touchscreen and USB Record - Black (Electronics)
Before purchase I read every review I could find on this product, including other websites and so-called expert technical magazines.I had doubts on it's reliability.

After the first day I was feeling reasonably happy. Having read the on-line manual before purchase I knew how to set the radio up.(Similar to a Roberts 83i).It connected to my BT hub without difficulty. I plugged in my USB, played some tracks and recorded some instant and timed recordings, and, played those back.(I am not interested in connecting to my computer to play back music especially when it only takes seconds to transfer music to a USB).

However,the next day it had difficulty locating my USB and then when I could see the USB on the radio screen it would not display the contents.Having switched to internet radio and back to USB the same thing happened again. It then decided to reboot itself.Also periodically the screen went blank and did not respond to touch.

The touch screen is reasonably good but in my opinion is not consistent i.e. sometimes unresponsive and sometimes super-sensitive.

I bought this radio as I liked the idea of the screen size and the information on the music being played. The most important point was the ability to record music. I believe the radio has difficulty locating the USB as it also tries, at the same time, to locate other networks. When this doesn't work it obviously will not find the USB.

I have similar views to others in that I dislike intensely the persistent Pure adverts. If Pure thinks this is what customers want to look at I am speechless!!

The wireless connection on this radio is unreliable. My Blackberry phone has no trouble locating my BT hub and the connection is faultless.I can listen to thousands of internet radio stations thought the Blackberry app which cost 75 pence.

In my opinion and I am not a radio expert Pure is marketing a product which has not been tested sufficiently. I dislike the brand actually - I don't know how they get away with, for instance, marketing radios which claim to be 'portable' but then one has to buy a chargepak to get it to work. And where does one buy the chargepak - no not in the shop but from Pure. After all when one buys a car one doesn't expect to buy it without wheels and then to have to buy those separately from another source!!!

This radio lasted 48hrs before I returned it to Amazon who, in my opinion, have a customer service second to none.

[Add comment]