5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter: The Complete 1-8 Film Collection - Limited Numbered Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) [2011] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I just can not believe it.
I first loggged on to Amazon.com here in the United States, and I was about to order the Harry Potter Collectors Set, however, before placing my order, I started reading some of the reviews, some of the the people were giving very poor reviews/ratings to the U.S. released version of the collectors set.
I read one review from a man that said he was a U.S. citizen living in London, and he said that the UK version was so much better that the US version, OH MY GOSH!!, was he ever right.
I don't know why we in the United States are offered such a poor eqivalent, but we are.
If this set (UK version) is all that it is supposed to be, then I have made the right choice.
I placed my order at Amazon.co.uk, and I just can't believe how easy the whole purchase process was, even with the shipping.
I was equally amazed at the low price for everything, I was even given a currency conversion chart to show me the difference between British Pounds and U.S. Dollars.
YOU BRIT'S KICK ASS!!!!!....... I'm not sure what the British slang eqivalent to this phrase is, but believe me, it means VERY, VERY GOOD!!
I am supposed to receive my package by Thursday, December 7th, so, if I do, I will post an update and let you all know how it turns out.

Sincerely,
A Very Happy Texan

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Dec 2011 00:01:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2011 00:02:15 GMT
Mark Twain says:
I hope you got the Blu Ray box set only and not the Limited Numbered Edition like your review indicates. The Region 2 DVDs will not work in the US.

BTW, I think the British equivalent for "kick ass" is like "jolly good." "You brits are jolly good." Yeah that's it.

Posted on 2 Dec 2011 12:23:53 GMT
Soul says:
I think so.I'm TH person or may be called citizen.In UK this set that's very good than every set.I really like this set and amazon.uk too.It's easy to purchase. :)

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 18:06:41 GMT
Hello All,
A Very Happy Texan here again.
It is Tuesday December 6th, and I just received my Blue Ray/DVD set, I would have received it yesterday, but UPS goofed up my delivery.
I am so frickin' excited!!!
I love the box set, I haven't had a chance to watch any of the movies yet, I am still at work.
I can't hardly wait to get home and watch my very own Harry Potter Movies.

Oh, and to Matt:
Thank you very much for to information about the regions and such, I had researched that too.
However, I just purchased a new Blue Ray player and the salesman told me that my player is multi-regional (we shall see if it is), and even if it doesn't play the region 2 DVD's then I can purchase a component for my Blue Ray player that will allow me to watch any region of DVD's.
However, it is a little pricey, at $89.00 USD, but, I suppose you get what you pay for, right?
What is the point of regions anyway?
If you know, would you share the information?......I would very much appreciate it.

CHEERS !!!!
(that phrase is universal.....LOL)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2011 22:10:47 GMT
oh yeah... lol... Michael, brits are cool mate! i'm Brazilian living in UK for the last 11 years and we have lots of stuff here that is great, but i must admit when i visited US for 3 months i found some great deals too.
Good Luck with your set. i'm sure you'll love it.

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 23:02:00 BDT
Mmmm strange, i found that most of the better box sets are sold in America. Toy story and the Avengers off the top of my head but you guys usually get the better end of the deal

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2013 10:46:39 GMT
Agreed. Britain usually gets raped by the DVD companies because the same disks are sold in Europe so they put all the other languages on the disk using up space that can't then be used for extras.

Posted on 23 Sep 2014 14:59:04 BDT
Hi there, I was wondering if the DVD's in the set are Region Free also?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2014 00:47:44 GMT
No, the DVDs are not region free

Posted on 2 Dec 2014 07:13:23 GMT
Stu2009 says:
You are correct! I have for several years purchased from UK and shipped to USA. Even with shipping, the cost is less than advertised because you do not pay the UK tax(VAT=20%). As long as the BD title states "Region free" you are good for Worldwide "play". Many BD even though they may state region 1, 2 or 3, will play everywhere. I have many BD & 3D BD discs that are "region 1"....but play in the UK on a region 2 BD player! Enjoy the bonuses from .co.uk!
As for DVD's there are many players that convert to region 0 to 9 with just a code entered from remote.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2014 22:29:40 GMT
SFF Dragon says:
Dear Very Happy Texan,

No need to spend more money. Go to your internet browser search bar and type in the model number of your blu-ray player followed by the word 'hack' and see what pops up. I am on dvd recorder number 11 and blu-ray recorder number 3 and have hacked every device I've had except a Tochiba VHS/DVD. Follow the instructions for region 0 or region free. If the first one doesn't work, try another. They are FREE, do not pay for them. All my blu-ray machines, LG and Panasonic, came Region Free. I hope this helps.
I hope you enjoyed your Harry Potter box set and that it was all you hoped it would be, and more.

Oh, FYI, we have had a significant number of US programmes in the UK since the late 50s, most of us know what Kick-Ass means. And thank you for the compliment, I hope we lived up to the hype.

Good Luck with the hack search. Merry Christmas.

A Brit about to buy the same blu-ray box set.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›