5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 5 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Alternative Ageing: The Natural Way to Hold Back the Years (Paperback)
I recently turned 35 and also split from my boyfriend this year so I was feeling that I should take more care of my appearance if I was ever going to find someone new!

I bought this book on amazon after seeing all the great reviews from other customers. After reading the suggestions, I decided to give it a try for 3 months and see if I noticed any improvement.

Over the last 2 months I have completely changed my diet, already I've started to notice a difference in my skin, its so much brighter and smoother and even the dark circles I've always had under my eyes are less noticeable. In the past few days, I've noticed the skin around my eyes becoming more plumped which has helped enormously because the skin there has always been very thin and has always had a blue-grey tone unless I can regularly get a solid 8-9 hours sleep which is just impossible! I can't say what has made the most difference because I've changed my habits so much its impossible to say!

I thought the improvements were quite subtle but I could see the difference and had been really happy with the results but recently friends have mentioned that I am looking prettier and that my skin is glowing! But the best thing was when I went out on Saturday night and a man I was talking to thought I was 22! I was so happy and went over to tell my friend who asked another couple of guys to guess my age and they both said 22! I have always looked young for my age but for the past couple of years people have been guessing my age as around 27 or 28 so I was ecstatic to hear that I'm looking that much younger!!

My diet was always quite healthy but for a long time I was stuck in a rut of having toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner. I always had fish, veg and salads too but just not in the right quantity. I was definitely deficient in Omega 3 and probably protein as well. I just didn't know how to feed my body properly and this type of diet was causing me to miss out on so many nutrients that feed and protect your skin.

I now have so much more energy and no longer suffer from the lethargy, bloating and stomach cramps that I used to get. I am also eating a lot more rather than the tiny portions I used to have on my previous carb-heavy diet. I've been having loads of fun inventing new recipes from the recommended foods and am even planning an anti-ageing dinner party because all my friends are so intrigued to know what I've been eating to make my skin look so good!!

I am so happy that I now know what foods to eat to keep young and healthy and I will be sending copies of the book to all my friends who are concerned about growing older.

This book covers a lot more than nutrition, it also recommends tried and tested products and lifestyle changes that have the cumulative effect of improving the way you look and feel enormously. I have found it easiest to focus on the nutrition side as it was the quickest thing to change but in the next few months I am planning to introduce some of the other lifestyle changes like meditation and of course more exercise.

I haven't quite managed to cut down my alcohol intake as much as I'd have liked as I love my cocktails, but I'm sure I will see even more improvements if I can do that and get more sleep.

I can't recommend this book highly enough and am ordering copies for all my friends who are concerned about getting older!

- Though this book is really aimed at a slightly older age group, in my opinion its never too early or late to start taking care of your skin and a few changes will definitely make anyone look better whatever your age.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]