8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Excellent guide to design patterns,
This review is from: C# Design Pattern Essentials (Paperback)
This book is an adaptation of the excellent Java version with all examples and explanations converted for C# programmers. As well as covering all 23 patterns as described in GoF there are some additional ones too, and a good chapter that shows how to combine some of the common patterns into a simple example application.
- Covers all 23 GoF patterns (not all books do this).
- Very simple and clear examples.
- Examples follow a common theme.
- Covers MVC and other useful patterns beyond GoF.
- Only assumes basic knowledge of C#.
- Useful appendix showing a "pattern on a page" for quick reference once you become familiar.
- The best patterns book for beginners that I have seen, and also useful for non-beginners.
- No one book on the subject can provide all the information you will ever need, so other resources/books may also be beneficial in learning different ways of applying patterns.
- Some minor typographical errors, although there is an errata page on the publisher's website.
Overall, I highly recommend this book. It is clearly and concisely written and covers a subject that all C# programmers should know and have on their bookshelf.