5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem [not too little], 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Android 4.0 MTK6577 Dual Core 1.0GHz 512MB/4GB 4.3-inch Capacitive Screen 3G Smartphone with WiFi GPS HDMI (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I think it's a shame that there is not already a review for this product. Admittedly I found other reviews for similar/same phone elsewhere on ebay and amazon, but I thought I would just write a quick review.

I've had an Iphone 3G for 4 years and it was becoming frustratingly slow in day to day actions and so I was looking to buy a Galaxy S3 as my next upgrade. I'm so glad I chose this instead.

It does everything that I've thrown at it and I've had it for 3 days now. The apps that are available for free make this Android platform a giant and this Phone has the power to really use them.

I can video skype from it, as well as play movies of every format I've tried, once VLC was installed of course. I have not found anything negative about it to date, except 'maybe' that the dual SIM system has a limitation of only allowing the primary SIM card to connect to 3G networks, minor grumble.

I'm moving to Australia next week and this phone is completely unlocked, well certainly in the UK [tested]

I bought a 32GB micro SD card to go in it, no probs there [18 class 10 on amazon]

I won't bother going into to many technicals, I just want to say that it is superb and comes with a gel case too.

if you're looking at this then you're making a great choice, go for it. less than 1/4 the price of Galaxy S3 and just as useful!

DrakoTec are the guys I ordered from, slightly more than the competitors price, but tried and tested by me :)

[EDIT] I have now moved to Australia and can now say that all is well with the phone's compatability with the mobile networks here... and my phone still rocks!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Oct 2012 19:11:20 BDT
magrawal says:
Hi dazspy,

would you know the battery rating of this device like how much mah? thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2012 01:42:06 BDT
dazspy says:
Hey magrawal, The batteries [2x] are 2200mah each.

If you want more tech info I found 'Phoneboard ebay shop' another good data resource.

Posted on 10 Oct 2012 12:40:48 BDT
N. Politis says:
Hey Dazspy, are you sure this phone is dual core? Did you run antutu benchmark?
Cause I bought a smilar one, but instead of sending me a dual core, they send me a single core model with a sticker claiming to be dual

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2012 23:08:31 BDT
dazspy says:
Hi ya. I ran the benchmark and it confirms the dual coredness of the chip set. reckons ARMv 7 @ 250~1000Mhz. If that makes any difference to you?
One thing I have not worked out how to do is grab a screen shot (and I have ready through the recommended ways, so apologies for not grabbing the benchmark results in that way for you)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 01:20:10 BDT
N. Politis says:
thanks, I was mostly interested if the cpu was recognized as mtk6577 or something else. No worries about the pic

Posted on 17 Oct 2012 10:37:04 BDT
S. Patel says:
Hi, wondering how long the battery lasts for you. Has it got worse since you've had it?

Posted on 27 Oct 2012 22:59:55 BDT
titoune says:
Hello , very interesting review, could you tell me how long did you wait to receive the mobile ?
On the images of : what's inside the box , they don't show the gel case , did you bought it with the phone ? Does not say anything about it on the description ... Which company did you used ?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2012 23:05:46 BDT
S. Patel says:
I got mine from Dracotek, arrived in 1 week, came with; 2 batteries, charger, earphones, and case. Pre fixed screen protector (not that good of a screen protector though, scuffs easy)

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 10:10:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2012 10:12:45 GMT
dazspy says:
Heya.. regarding the batt life. it's all good. admittedly you have to put it on charge most nights, but I think that is fairly standard with most/all smart phones.

lasts a day with browsing, playing and listening to music. weirdly the kindle reader seems to eat throught the batt. very quickly... too fast imo... but that is where having thother batt. comes into play ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 10:12:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2012 10:13:24 GMT
dazspy says:
Heya, I used Drackotec to order mine.. took about 13days in the end.. no issues really.. very good support by email. the gel case comes with the package, as do the 'bad' headphones, charger, batteries and charger/data/lead.

screen protecter is preinstalled too. not too shabby :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›