5.0 out of 5 stars A handful of Joys with memories to treasure!, 3 Mar 2010
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
I can tell you that if you were a tiny tot growing up during the 1970's then this DVD is possibly one of the best that you can spend your money on. I have fond memories of lunch time telly and many fond memroies of watching them with parents and grandparents who are no longer around. Some of the programmes I had not seen in over 30 years, and I was keen to see how the memories that I had of these programmes (some very vague indeed) that had stayed with me all these years compared to actually sitting down and watching the programme for this first time in 3 decades.

One of the most anticipated was 'A Handful of Songs' - the theme tune had stick in my head all these years - finally being able to see it again was a delight.

There are so many programmes here - Network have done a wonderful job in collecting together something for everyone. My son who has just turned 3 loves watching this DVD.

Not only do you get all these shows but you also get a mini comic with a new adventure for Hartley Hare and the pipkins gang - their first since December 1981!

Even if you don't remember ALL of the shows on this 2 disc set - there will be plenty of memories that you will enjoy reliving and perhaps even rediscover something that you used to enjoy with delight as a tiny tot but had forgotten.

Now is the time to tack that trip back to your childhood!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Mar 2010 18:35:39 GMT
Jaynie says:
How on earth have I missed this dvd? It sounds like all my memories rolled into one! and a 'Handful of songs' oh I used to love that! I still sing the theme tune..oh let me order it now!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2010 19:45:17 GMT
"We've gotta handful of songs to sing you..."

Did you get your copy yet Jaynie? I bet you will absolutely love watching it when it arrives!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2010 16:24:52 BDT
Jaynie says:
Yes I got this and it is fab!! Some of the presenters not all as I remembered them..it was nice to see the old Bungle on Rainbow when he still looked scary, before the days of Rod, Jane and Freddy and the original side-kick who's name has just escaped my memory!! Great viewing!

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 21:03:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 21:05:55 BDT
Moletown says:
A Handful of Songs! I agree: ten minutes of simple joy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (6 customer reviews)

14.99 12.43