3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Good Book, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
You can read more reviews on my book blog, [...]

Witches. I love them. Ever since I've watched Charmed, witches have managed to be the mythical creature for me. Naturally, when I read the title, I had high hopes.

A Witch in Winter is set written by an English author, and set in England; I admit, despite being English myself, I haven't read quite a lot of English books. Well, not any in the YA genre. I got as further as Jacqueline Wilson and Cathy Cassidy.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I could completely imagine the little town of Winter which Warburton's created. It's a mixture of all those holidays spent in Dorset and Bournemouth, all perfectly English.

Then there's Anna Winterson, the main character. She seems quite realistic, because her attitudes towards normal teenage-related problems is, well... normal, like drinking. She's continuously unable to see any reason for why Seth would fall in love with her - and for good reason - too.

This is because Anna bewitches Seth into falling in love by accident. After some desperate attempts to get rid of this spell, Seth still seems to 'love' her. So how is she supposed to know if he really loves her or not? Because she kind of does.

I have to applaud the final/fight scene. The way Ruth Warburton wrote it made me actually believe it was real - I was about to have a panic attack. I was very excited. :)

I'd say I enjoyed the book. It's not one that I'll be reading again any time soon, and I'm not in a huge rush to read the second one in the series. Despite that being said, it's worth a read; if you're looking for a romantic, witch-ey, exciting read, this one's for you.

3/5 Stars - This book was enough to satisfy my bookish thoughts for a while. I liked it.

Teaser Quote:
"Remember what I said," he called, his voice ripped and torn by the winds. "Witch!"

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]