9 of 15 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Meds [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
this has to be one of the best records i have ever bought. Everything about it is amazing. I think it's most like WYIM and their self titled album. Some very catchy songs and an overall masterpiece - classic placebo style and a new sound. Placebo are a breath of fresh air from alot of the bad music which is out at the moment.
1. meds - 10/10 - features vocals from vv which work very well with brian's voice... a very catchy song and a great opener
2. Infra-Red - 8/10 - very kind of experimental, but is still good, nice chorus 'i'm coming up on infra-red'
3. Drag - 9/10 - has a great riff throughout and is structured well
4. Space Monkey - 10/10 - one of my favorites... it grows on you, i love the chorus
5. Follow the cops back home - 8/10 - this song has very good lyrics and is inspired by a place brian went where there is very little crime and stuff i believe.
6. Post Blue - 10/10 - brilliant all the way through, extremely catchy and an imidiate favorite of mine and i think it will be great in concert
7. Because I Want You - 9/10 - again... i think this will be a concert favorite as it makes you want to jump, there are some bad reviews of this song which i can understande but i honnestly think it is a great song
8. Blind - 8/10 - this has a new sound, and brian's vocals are outstanding in this track
9. pierrot the clown - 6/10 - not the best by any means in my opinion but it has meaningful lyrics
10. Broken Promise - 10/10 - duet with micheal stipe, beautiful verses with crashing chorus... contrasts excellently. the idea of 2 men dueting works very well and makes this song one of the best on the album
11. One Of A Kind - 10/10 - i love this song, mainly because i can relate to the lyrics. The Drumming is especially good on this track.
12. In the Cold Light Of The Morning - 7/10 - definitely a grower, at first i thought it was quite dull but now after a few listens i truly appreciate it
13. Song To Say Goodbye - 10/10 - a great way to end a great album. i just hope it doesn't signify the end of the band.