4.0 out of 5 stars In my own words, fandabuluous., 27 July 2006
This review is from: Just Enough Education To Perform (Audio CD)
I know people think this is very mellow, but hey if they set out to make a mellow album then they did a dam good job! As a teen I try to keep up in the music scene with what is hot an what isn't, E.G. "Chili Peppers" good, "Pussycat Dolls" bad. I was worried that it would be a filler album because I had only heard their singles (which I loved to bits) Have a Nice Day, Mr Writer and Handbags and Gladrags. So I was very pleased when I found that there was only 1 song that I didn't like as much (but I didn't even disslike that one, "Everyday I Think of Money")

Vegas Two Times: Fantastic first song, one of the more rock orientated tracks. 8/10

Lying in the Sun: A very chilled track, some interesting lyrics. Perfect summer song. 7/10

Mr Writer: It took me a few listens to get into but could be one of the best songs on the cd. The fact that the song itself is quite different but still manages to impress. For ingenuity, 9/10

Step on My Old Size Nines: Another summery song with cheery lyrics, no glitches here that put me off. 7/10

Have a Nice Day: Brilliant song, one that you want to sing along to. It's more of an up-beat pop song than a summer track but genuine instruments, so no techno sounds (which you probably thought when I mentioned pop). 8/10

Nice To Be Out: Could be a filler but it's not, it only seems that way because it's surrounded by some very impressive tracks. This one is more mellow again, its a shorter track with another summer feel, so it's a good song that you should never tire of. 6.5/10

Handbags and Gladrags: Could be a the best song on the album, it is a cover but it is very similar to the origional Rod Stuart creation. I love this track to bits because of the fantastic use of the oboe throughout and the brass section toward the end. 10/10

Watch Them Fly Sundays: Another rock orientated track similar to the "vegas" track. The verses are quite mellow but ones you can sing to, then the rock kicks in at the chorus. Enjoyable but you may think i've been here before. Nice track by no means a filler, just not different than what you've heard previously on this album. 6.5/10

Everyday I Think Of Money: The only track I tend to skip (unless i'm in the shower), it's by no means a bad song, it has a catchy beat and very simple lyrics, so it's a marmite song, you like it or you don't. I say i like it, it's just too different to be enjoyable. (my vote) 6/10

Maybe: Quiite a mellow, summer song, one that I found you can't sing along to just because there are a lot of lyrics and it's too much effort. Maybe a filler, but I don't think so. It's just another slice of the cake, it tastes the same but it's still good. :-)(I made that up!. clever me.) 6.5/10

Caravan Holiday: Chill song, singalong song. I like it, it's short and doesn't drag. 7/10

Rooftop: Good track, not at all a filler, a more of a rock approached track, ment to wake you up after the previous chilling tracks. Liking the singing in this one. Cool style. 7.5/10

Hidden Track (Attatched to the Rooftop track): A very nice rock track, only ment for this album. A very enjoyable song. I don't know why it's a hidden track but hey, at least it's there. 8/10

Average score: 7.5/10

So not amazing but i think it's worth paying watever price it has, unless it's like £100,000, (somewhere areound £10 max). Very good album, as I said there is not one track that I disslike. Even if you are unsure, just buy it, it's going cheap. You won't be dissapointed.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]