24 of 31 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: X-Men Origins: Wolverine [DVD] (2009) (DVD)
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Young man in a vengeful moment discovers that he's got bones to pick with everyone.
2. His half brother's all for clawing and scratching.
3. Regenerative benefits see them through the Civil War, the World Wars and Vietnam
4. Things get interesting when they get recruited for a select mutant group and sent to recover a valuable object.
5. Brotherly feud intensifies.
6. Young man, now named James Logan (Hugh Jackman) undergoes major surgery and becomes Wolverine.
7. Oooh, Shiny!
8. Rather convoluted story follows, involving lots of CGI, stunts and of course several (mostly underutilized) mutants.
9. Anticlimactic ending is quite unmemorable.
Hugh Jackman will forever be Wolverine, but Liev Schreiber holds his own as the scene-stealing Sabretooth. Throughout their love/hate relationship it's Sabretooth who carries the movie, and if not for Wolverine having nicer claws, it would probably be Sabretooth you'd remember.
See this one for Jackman, Schreiber and the action sequences, not for the plot. (3.5 stars)
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Oct 2009 09:35:49 BDT
Mr. L. J. Armstrong says:
Amanda. That was brilliant, thanks very much. Although I'm not particulally interested in seeing this movie as it seems Wolverine spends all his time snarling and shouting (and not much else.) Which is what he does in all the 'X' movies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›