5.0 out of 5 stars The New Tracks, 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Rockferry (Audio CD)
Having already reviewed Rockferry and giving it a glowing review all I wish to say is that until it was replaced with this Deluxe version it was still the most played CD in my car (much to the annoyance of others who aren't as fond of her music as I am!)

The 7 additional tracks on the deluxe version continue in that distinctive Duffy modern take on the 60s style with the perfect mix of upbeat songs and heartfelt melodies.

Having played the additional tracks a few times now I like them all but my personal favourites are Rain On Your Parade (already released as a single), Stop which has a great catchy tune and Fool For You - a hauntingly mellow track which I keep finding myself humming.

Please Stay - Her cover of the Burt Bacharach song bought a smile to my face as I fondly remember a previous version played and played by me back in the 70's as a pre-teenager wearing my tartan trews lol!

I wish record companies would stop re-releasing albums as deluxe editions with just a few extra tracks, though in this instance the 7 additional tracks are worth every penny in my opinion.

If you like Duffy you'll love this - I certainly do!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Dec 2008 14:40:02 GMT
The Cleaner says:
Thanks BB - in more ways than one!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2008 15:38:23 GMT
Big Bertha says:
Glad you like it!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2008 08:48:55 GMT
BB you stalker, I have this in my To-review pile too!! xx

Posted on 4 Jan 2009 19:35:39 GMT
pompeyman says:
oh boy is a b side so there are just 6 new songs. The record company are a bit mean, if they are going to put one b side on why not the others? There are at least 2 more they could have put on. There is no point buying cd's when they first come out, just wait a while to see if special versions come out.I wasnt caught out with Rhianna but looks like I will be with Duffy as I like all the new songs.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2009 22:12:33 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 May 2011 11:50:21 BDT]

Posted on 2 Feb 2009 23:00:14 GMT
M. White says:
Although I agree with you about the release of "deluxe" additions, I have the same problem with singles. I loved this album, a year for Welsh singers for me! However the producers are aware that Duffy's fan base who will buy her music are willing to splash out a bit! I always wait for about 4-5 months to make sure special additions don't escape me, and it paid off here, 17 tracks for £8 is a bargain, certainly considering the quality of each one. I would not have wanted to have bought each single, the album, and then this addition, as the pennies and pounds would have added up!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›