1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like this laptop, but have been let down in multiple areas., 5 April 2012
This review is from: Meenee MNW737 13.3 inch 3rd Generation Laptop (Dual Core N570, 2GB RAM , 320GB HDD, Bluetooth, Webcam, Wi-Fi, Ubuntu) - White (Personal Computers)
I am updating my review entirely after owning it for considerably less than a year.

My experience has been mostly negative. The machine looks great, and apart from what some people say I think the keyboard feels beautiful; probably the best I've used. I'm running Windows 7 on it and it's fast enough.

This is where the positives end.

The trackpad is terrible, jumping around the screen, hard to control. The trackpad buttons are noisy and tough to click.

I've never timed it but I think I'm lucky to get a half hour or 45 minutes from a full charge.

The screen hinges got really loose on me after just a week or two. The hinges went completely after 7 months, and I take really good care of my electronics. I have to support the screen against a wall or books constantly.

The machine overheats rapidly, actually affecting how well it works. This caused one of the rubber 'grips' on the bottom of the computer to fall off and slightly melt. In some respects the laptop is literally falling apart; occasionally I see tiny screws on the table that came from the machine.

I've gone through 3 chargers. Two busted for no reason I can tell.

On top of all this I was told I'd have to pay 40 euro to have it repaired and sent back to me. I live in Bangkok making a small salary and the whole exercise will probably cost me a hundred euro.

I want to love this laptop and this young company but I'm afraid I've just been left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

[Add comment]