5.0 out of 5 stars Devilishly good!, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: Horns (Paperback)
Well I bought this on the recommendation of a friend. I knew nothing about it and didn't even read the blurb on the back of the book and I have to say, for me that is the way to read it!

It's a wonderful book from the very stylish and cool cover to the unpredictable and bonkers plot.

I will give nothing away other than to say pretty much anything can happen, the easily offended and possibly Daily Mail readers should steer a path round it! And it has :-

A Great story, lots of twists and turns, it's sad, funny, gripping and has a cast of great fully realised characters. It's not really a horror or ghost story...I don't quite know how to catagorise it in fact, and I'm not sure I need to. Just read it and see what you think.

I have read a few great books this year, The Brother's Grossbart and Killer of men to name two but this is right up with them. Joe Hill is an author to be watched and has a real gift for story. Enjoy the ride!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jul 2011 15:02:58 BDT
What is it about Daily Mail readers??! I read the DM most days and would not class myself as easily offended, loving horror/ghost books and such like. I refuse to be defined by the newspaper I read!! Also can't wait to read Horns after reading and loving Heard Shaped Box and, most of, 20th Century Ghosts.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2011 16:52:27 BDT
Hi Bookworm I am sure you are a non judgemental generally lovely person! I have just met the odd person who seem to delight in being outraged at someone (usually Russel Brand) and they always read the Daily mail!
Heart shaped box was really good but this is great! I am jealous that you still have it to read.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2011 14:07:18 BDT
DS says:
Bookworm - try reading the letters page in the Daily Mail and all will be clear.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2011 16:53:41 BDT
That is true horror!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2011 15:42:05 BDT
I love Russell Brand! But come to think of it maybe you and DS (see other post) do have a point about some DM readers!!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 07:52:13 GMT
the easily offended and possibly Daily Mail readers should steer a path round it!///

That's the fuuniest thing I've ever read in an Amazon review. Well done!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (130 customer reviews)

£9.99 £8.64